ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M7CL Faders - links to service manual and parts  (Read 11621 times)

David Hadfield

M7CL Faders - links to service manual and parts
« on: January 04, 2012, 10:36:00 pm »

I thought I would post this as it took me a while to find info on fader replacement etc. I have just replaced a couple of faders on our FOH and Monitor consoles - pulled one fader apart and you can see the scored track. It was interesting how one fader all of a sudden did the wiggy wiggy thing constantly last week (Monitor console) and the other has been doing it occasionally for a good year or so? I also had a good look at the tracks of the other faders and mostly they look fine - the consoles are entering their 6th year of service.

I used genuine yamaha faders but in searching for instructions in how to pull the thing apart found this bloke http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-LS9-M7CL-Alps-100mm-Fader-w-Dust-Cover-Yamaha-Part-WU284700-New-/300609899296 flogging genuine alps faders.

Has anyone used them? They look like a good option... you can also get the dust covers too.

If you are after the service manual you can get it from here http://elektrotanya.com/yamaha_m7cl.pdf/download.html

page 25 on shows how to put the sucker apart. Took about an hour or so to do the job once you know what to do. The Centralogic section looks a lot harder.

Btw, has anyone replaced the CPU battery? Is there any way to check it without removing it?

Hope this has helped.

Cheers Dave.

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
Re: M7CL Faders - links to service manual and parts
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 04:34:38 pm »

I thought I would post this as it took me a while to find info on fader replacement etc. I have just replaced a couple of faders on our FOH and Monitor consoles - pulled one fader apart and you can see the scored track. It was interesting how one fader all of a sudden did the wiggy wiggy thing constantly last week (Monitor console) and the other has been doing it occasionally for a good year or so? I also had a good look at the tracks of the other faders and mostly they look fine - the consoles are entering their 6th year of service.

I used genuine yamaha faders but in searching for instructions in how to pull the thing apart found this bloke http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-LS9-M7CL-Alps-100mm-Fader-w-Dust-Cover-Yamaha-Part-WU284700-New-/300609899296 flogging genuine alps faders.

Has anyone used them? They look like a good option... you can also get the dust covers too.

If you are after the service manual you can get it from here http://elektrotanya.com/yamaha_m7cl.pdf/download.html

page 25 on shows how to put the sucker apart. Took about an hour or so to do the job once you know what to do. The Centralogic section looks a lot harder.

Btw, has anyone replaced the CPU battery? Is there any way to check it without removing it?

Hope this has helped.

Cheers Dave.
RTFM as the old acronym goes......
From the manual

This device has a built-in backup battery. When you unplug the power cord from
the AC outlet, the current scene data and library data is retained. However, if the
backup battery fully discharges, this data will be lost. When the backup battery
is running low, the LCD display indicates “Low Battery!” when you starting up
the system, ( In this case, the Battery field indicates “LOW” or “NO” in the SET
UP screen.) immediately save the data to a USB storage device, then have
qualified Yamaha service personnel replace the backup battery.
Always turn the power off when the device is not in use.
The performance of components with moving contacts, such as switches, volume controls, and connectors, deteriorates over time. Consult qualified Yamaha service
personnel about replacing defective components.

David Hadfield

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 02:49:04 am »

RTFM as the old acronym goes......
From the manual

thanks Stu - I had read the manual a good five years back but failed to remember the bit about the battery.

Good to know it tells you its going flat, but I am also interested to know if anyone has had to change theirs? i.e. will it last another 5 years or should I look at fitting a new one should I have it apart again - I would of course remove the battery to do a voltage check if I was in the area under the centralogic section.

cheers Dave

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 12:08:45 am »

Hope this has helped.

Cheers Dave.
If you have the unit apart and it is 5 years on that battery then why not replace it?
Why wait for the message...Low battery
 ;)

David Hadfield

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 07:58:19 am »

If you have the unit apart and it is 5 years on that battery then why not replace it?
Why wait for the message...Low battery
 ;)

I was replacing faders not in the centralogic area where the cpu and battrey are located. It is a fair few more screws and stuffing around to get to the battery from where I was.

I'm interested to see if anyone else has had to replace theirs? It would give us all a heads up as to how long they will last. i.e. we have had PC's need new batteries at 3 years.

cheers Dave

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 10:48:46 am »

I was replacing faders not in the centralogic area where the cpu and battrey are located. It is a fair few more screws and stuffing around to get to the battery from where I was.

I'm interested to see if anyone else has had to replace theirs? It would give us all a heads up as to how long they will last. i.e. we have had PC's need new batteries at 3 years.

cheers Dave
I am at 8 years on my 01v96 boards and no low batt message so far.

Geoff Doane

• Halifax, NS
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 11:29:55 am »

I am at 8 years on my 01v96 boards and no low batt message so far.

The old Yamaha SPX90s recommended changing the backup battery after 5 years.  The ones I had went over 20 years without being changed (and only saw weekend use, for the most part) and there were never any problems.

GTD

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 11:29:55 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 22 queries.