ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for a hazer.  (Read 5428 times)

Steve Ferreira

Looking for a hazer.
« on: August 21, 2011, 11:37:15 PM »

Plan on purchasing a hazer very soon. Would love a Df-50 but that's way out of my budget. I have been looking at the Ultratec Radiance. I have heard good things about them, but never used one. Any other players in the Radiance price point worth looking at?

Thanks

Thomas Bishop

Re: Looking for a hazer.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 10:50:07 PM »

Plan on purchasing a hazer very soon. Would love a Df-50 but that's way out of my budget. I have been looking at the Ultratec Radiance. I have heard good things about them, but never used one. Any other players in the Radiance price point worth looking at?

I have a Radiance.  It's been great for me.  I've heard good things about the Unique 2 hazer and may buy one of those next just to have different flavors.  The DF50 is a nice hazer but just doesn't have enough features for the price.

John Moore

• "learning the hard way sucks donkey kong"
    • Trinity Productions
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 02:26:08 PM »

Thanks

we sell and use this hazer, quite an awesome unit for the price and all is water based fluid.

http://www.citcfx.com/product_haze-max.php

call me if any questions...
http://www.trinityprosound.com 209-832-8023
DEALER:Dealer for Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, Danley Sound Labs, VTC, Allen & Heath, Ashly, Denon,  Audix, One Systems, Beyerdynamic, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate,  Trusst, Road Ready, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, dB Technologies, RCF, American Audio,  Rapco, CBI Cables, ADJ, Chauvet, Blizzard, Furman, Shure, Tascam, Elite Screens,  BenQ, Midas, Digico,  and many many more...

Thomas Bishop

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 12:34:12 PM »

we sell and use this hazer, quite an awesome unit for the price and all is water based fluid.

http://www.citcfx.com/product_haze-max.php

30 minute hang time and 2-3 hours on a gallon of fluid!?  That's terrible!  Why would they even advertise those numbers?

Chris Gruber

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 02:16:25 AM »

30 minute hang time and 2-3 hours on a gallon of fluid!?  That's terrible!  Why would they even advertise those numbers?

No kidding! The Radiance is rated for 150 HOURS a gallon at full output! I'm still on the first gallon and I use it quite a bit, but I also run it full to haze a room and then turn it way down to maintain. Radiance would be my suggestion.

Terry Martin

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 12:17:22 PM »

i suggest the Radiance (Ultratec).  It took me about 2 years to go through a gallon of fluid. 

It works very well - every time.

Terry

Brian Levy

• Levy Productions
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 03:42:07 PM »

the neutron xs is a great option for a tight budget.  i wanted a radiance, but didn't have 900+ to drop.  the neutron uses the same juice, and is just as efficient.  there are a couple issues though.  you have to clean the output tube religiously, like every 5 or 10 shows, but it's quick and easy.  also there's no output adjustment, it's just on or off.  i got mine for about 350 from gear source and it came with the dmx interface, so i can easily program an interval that will keep the room hazed how i want.  also, don't spend 90 bucks for the name brand juice, froggys fog has a knock-off for 50 that's just as good.

James Feenstra

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 02:43:08 PM »

to stop the complaints that the machine goes through fluid faster that I go through beer?

I go through a 4L jug of fluid in my radiance every 3-5 months, depending on how many shows we do. We generally average about 3-4/week.

I run it around 20-30% all night (typically 3-5 hours) and it fills a 850 cap club incredibly well

With the hazer in the above link I'd be filling it up twice a night, every night hahaha....at $80/4L jug for haze fluid that'd be really, really expensive to run
Elevation Audiovisual
www.elevationav.com
Taking your events to the next level

Steve Ferreira

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 01:44:56 PM »

Sorry it's been so long since a reply. I ended up purchasing the Ultratec Radiance hazer and there recommended haze fluid. I must say that I am really impressed with this unit. First time out I used it on a outdoor event with an SL100. I had no problem in filling up the stage area (not much wind.....thank God). Second time out I had it in a 400 cap venue, no problem there also. Third time out I had it in an 800 cap venue, work flawlessly again. I am very happy with this purchase, it doesn't "drink" much fluid, quite and great performance.

Thomas Bishop

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2011, 08:02:45 PM »

Glad it's working out for you.  I have used mine in small arenas and gymnasiums with doors and windows open and it works great.  Can't wait to get another one!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2011, 08:02:45 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 23 queries.