ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help with Yamaha PW4000  (Read 3391 times)

kenny whitmore

Need help with Yamaha PW4000
« on: January 01, 2012, 09:40:55 am »

Does anyone know if the several different Yamaha PW4000 power supplies can be substituted for each other ? I have noticed on the back of the units, some say, pm4000  models and some say PM3500 models, plus PM4000 models. Will this damage with wrong supply  ? Or will certain sections on the console just not funcition correctly ? Any help in this matter would be great. Thankyou, ken

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
Re: Need help with Yamaha PW4000
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 06:10:56 pm »

Does anyone know if the several different Yamaha PW4000 power supplies can be substituted for each other ? I have noticed on the back of the units, some say, pm4000  models and some say PM3500 models, plus PM4000 models. Will this damage with wrong supply  ? Or will certain sections on the console just not funcition correctly ? Any help in this matter would be great. Thankyou, ken

to the best of my knowledge, the power supplies for the PM3500 and PM4000 are identical.  i suspect that what you are seeing is a change in labeling that came about when the PM3500 was introduced.  at the sound company i worked at we used them interchangeably with zero issues...
brian maddox
bdmaudio@gmail.com

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

kenny whitmore

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 08:36:37 pm »

to the best of my knowledge, the power supplies for the PM3500 and PM4000 are identical.  i suspect that what you are seeing is a change in labeling that came about when the PM3500 was introduced.  at the sound company i worked at we used them interchangeably with zero issues
thankyou for the info

kristianjohnsen

• Lillehammer, Norway
    • Lillehammer Lyd og Lys
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 11:28:08 pm »

I read somewhere online that I can't find any more that some Yamaha PSU cables are shielded, so swapping one way might work but not the other.  May have related to the PM 5000, but I'm unsure.

Rex Ray

• Clair Global
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 09:30:05 am »

I read somewhere online that I can't find any more that some Yamaha PSU cables are shielded, so swapping one way might work but not the other.  May have related to the PM 5000, but I'm unsure.
Yep,they are the same supply.Swap Away!
Rex Ray
Sr. Engineer
Clair Nashville
ATI,API,Yamaha,Soundcraft Repair
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 23 queries.