ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Matching my amp to my speakers  (Read 3086 times)

Sam Cooper

Matching my amp to my speakers
« on: May 11, 2012, 08:23:07 AM »

Hi there i am new to the forums so may i just take this opportunity to say hi !

Now i am not sure if i have posted this in the right place so forgive me if i haven't.

I currently have a set of 4 Monitor Audio Bronze BX2 speakers and there specification is as follows?

Sensitivity (db/w/m)            90
Finishes                            4
Dimensions (hwd, cm)            35x19x26
Impedance (ohms)            8
Max power handling (watts)    100
Standmount                    Yes
Biwirable                            Yes

Now i need to get an amplifier that is perfectly matched at running all 4 of these with ease and has no risk of damaging them. I have about $400 to spend on one (about £200).

Also what are the advantages of bi-wire and is it possible/worth it to get an amp capable of this with my bidget.

Cheers
Sam

Langston Holland

Re: Matching my amp to my speakers
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 08:59:21 AM »

Hi there i am new to the forums so may i just take this opportunity to say hi !

Now i am not sure if i have posted this in the right place so forgive me if i haven't...

Hi Sam, welcome. :)

1. You'll need to modify your registration to show your real name or your post will be assimilated into the binary ether.

2. If you're into the esoteric aspects of home audio, your post will yield more of what you're after at a different site. If you're interested in the fundamentals of audio, you will profit from your stay here.

3. Per #2, if you are into non-fiction, you are correct in that your post should have been placed elsewhere, such as in the LAB Lounge.
God bless you and your precious family - Langston

Sam Cooper

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 09:07:58 AM »

Hi Sam, welcome. :)

1. You'll need to modify your registration to show your real name or your post will be assimilated into the binary ether.

2. If you're into the esoteric aspects of home audio, your post will yield more of what you're after at a different site. If you're interested in the fundamentals of audio, you will profit from your stay here.

3. Per #2, if you are into non-fiction, you are correct in that your post should have been placed elsewhere, such as in the LAB Lounge.

ok.

1. how does one change there registration details

2. what site would you suggest because i wanted to be able to talk to some professionals who had a high level of audio experience.

3. would you be able to give me a link to the correct forum section?

All the best
Sam

Langston Holland

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 10:04:03 AM »

Hi Sam:

1. how does one change there registration details

Click on "sgc3000000" to the left of your post, then under the "Modify Profile" tab, select "Account Settings".

2. what site would you suggest because i wanted to be able to talk to some professionals who had a high level of audio experience.

Those types of people are available here and elsewhere. The challenge involves acquiring a strong enough grasp of the fundamentals to be able to ask the right questions and understand the answers. I constantly study the basics of audio and this measurement forum documents portions of the empirical extension of that pursuit.

Searching the forums and reading posts related to what you want to learn about will help. Books are also very helpful. The single best source for learning the fundamentals is through an organization called Syn-Aud-Con. They have online instruction as well as live seminars that cost far less than they are worth.

3. would you be able to give me a link to the correct forum section?

If you mean within the PSW forums, that was answered at the end of my last post. If you mean an entirely different site, I'm only acquainted with forums that are similar to this one.
God bless you and your precious family - Langston

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 10:04:03 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 25 queries.