ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has anyone tried Air Display (Ipad) with Yamaha Studio Manager  (Read 1884 times)

Sharyn Ferrick

Has anyone tried Air Display (Ipad) with Yamaha Studio Manager
« on: December 26, 2011, 03:09:58 am »

Air Display http://avatron.com/apps/air-display has the ability to turn an Ipad into a second display for a windows PC via a wireless connection. I know folks have used a VPN with Ipad/Studio manager , but I wondered if anyone has tried the Air Display Approach?

Thanks
Sharyn

Riley Casey

Re: Has anyone tried Air Display (Ipad) with Yamaha Studio Manager
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 02:59:09 pm »

Yes it works ( between an ipad2 and a macbook pro - presumeably the same as with a pc ) and no, it's no better and perhaps a bit worse than screen sharing via VNC.  My test also included the use of a stylus, with my fingers alone it was a total loss.  I use air display pretty successfully with Vectorworks for my tool pallets but the pointer offset and tiny screen detail require for studio manager is a lost cause.  Maybe someone less ham fisted / fingered than I might have better results.

Air Display http://avatron.com/apps/air-display has the ability to turn an Ipad into a second display for a windows PC via a wireless connection. I know folks have used a VPN with Ipad/Studio manager , but I wondered if anyone has tried the Air Display Approach?

Thanks
Sharyn

Sharyn Ferrick

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 02:22:44 am »

Yes it works ( between an ipad2 and a macbook pro - presumeably the same as with a pc ) and no, it's no better and perhaps a bit worse than screen sharing via VNC.  My test also included the use of a stylus, with my fingers alone it was a total loss.  I use air display pretty successfully with Vectorworks for my tool pallets but the pointer offset and tiny screen detail require for studio manager is a lost cause.  Maybe someone less ham fisted / fingered than I might have better results.
Thanks I was afraid of that
Sharyn

Geri O'Neil

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 03:21:58 pm »

I've played with several VNC apps for the iPad. All of them worked pretty well, but PocketCloud Pro is the only one where I didn't have to deal with the pointer offset. I had been using the Lenovo convertible tablet for remote mixing duties, but I started using the iPad instead. Ehh...yeah, it can be tedious. But I guess I'm getting used to it.

Geri O

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 03:21:58 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 22 queries.