ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new speakers  (Read 1287 times)

Joshyla

new speakers
« on: July 14, 2005, 01:41:39 PM »

Ok, so our church is looking at upgrading our speakers. ugh-currently we have two Brand X 200watt 15"with horn. We run everything through the system except the drums. In the system--5-6 vocalists, keys, elec. bass, 2-3 guitars. We are currently pushing the poor speakers to just under distortion levels. Our congregation runs anywhere from 30-80 people. Room dimensions--20' wide and 75 feet long. The room is all hard reflective surfaces including hardwood floor. We would like to get Powered speakers b/c of ease of setup--we currently set up and tear down every Sunday. I am not a big fan of two way speakers. Has anyone heard seen Carvins' 1584a's in action or the ISP Technologies Tri-power 900s? Thank you in advance for you help! GOd bless!
-Edit- I know that you will want to know this. We do contemporary worship and we want to invest big now and not have to reinvest in the next 3-5 yrs. Plus we may do some outdoor events, but we could possibly rent speakers+subs for that. Any help is greatly appreciated.
rules are in place so you know how to break them w/o voiding the warranty Very Happy j/k

George Blun

Re: new speakers
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 03:07:02 PM »

I would recommend steering away from carvin. I don't like their sound and they are not road worthy.

For a self powered speaker I would recommend the Mackie SRM 450's. From your description these should be great for you.

Joshyla

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 03:24:46 PM »

I have heard the 450s, and they are to me ehhh, but I am not a fan of two ways. I was hoping to hear from people who actually use/have heard the 1588 or the 900s, but all opinions and advice are greatly appreciated.
rules are in place so you know how to break them w/o voiding the warranty Very Happy j/k

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 03:24:46 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.