ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cabinets for 4 or 6 JBL 2245, What would you do?  (Read 3417 times)

Nick Enright

• Detroit, MI
Cabinets for 4 or 6 JBL 2245, What would you do?
« on: December 23, 2011, 10:26:36 AM »

I've 4 minimum and 6 if I want to tear down some old JBL single 18's.

My problem:

A venue I work with is looking at picking up at least two subs, I'm thinking a dual 18 on casters, bass reflex, and giving away the single 18's for part of the cabinet build.

OR

Designing some silly three driver box, that with the proper processing, can be run in cardioid mode... will it work? Is it even worth it?

I've plenty of time, a hell of a cabinet maker, a serious background in engineering and prototype design and manufacturing.

Nick

Nick Enright
Owner / Engineer
Lyve Productions
Detroit, MI

Jeffhtg (Jeff Kenney)

Re: Cabinets for 4 or 6 JBL 2245, What would you do?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 11:28:51 AM »

I've 4 minimum and 6 if I want to tear down some old JBL single 18's.

My problem:

A venue I work with is looking at picking up at least two subs, I'm thinking a dual 18 on casters, bass reflex, and giving away the single 18's for part of the cabinet build.

OR

Designing some silly three driver box, that with the proper processing, can be run in cardioid mode... will it work? Is it even worth it?

I've plenty of time, a hell of a cabinet maker, a serious background in engineering and prototype design and manufacturing.

Nick

Make a standard JBL spec dual 18 and don't be one of those jerks that made something 'custom'. The people that use the box will secretly thank you.

:)

Nick Enright

• Detroit, MI
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 11:44:53 AM »

Make a standard JBL spec dual 18 and don't be one of those jerks that made something 'custom'. The people that use the box will secretly thank you.

:)

fully aware of that, it's to go with older MR series 15"+1". I guess building six identical cabs is the way to go, then I can arc, endfire, etc.. and sell. (I've built and designed several cabs, not at all an amateur.) was just toying with the idea of a large single box that could be powered in different ways for different applications.

and I use the box, or it's attached to a pre-programmed processor/system.

nick
Nick Enright
Owner / Engineer
Lyve Productions
Detroit, MI

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 11:44:53 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.