ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: new addition to iLive family?  (Read 7309 times)

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
Re: new addition to iLive family?
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2011, 11:37:32 AM »

I'm open to anything that comes out that will be "rider ready". I had hoped that would happen the the presonus boards...

And I bought a Yaris hoping to compete in Nascar...

Face it, nothing in that price range is going to be "rider ready" for any band that has the clout to insist on a rider as part of the performance contract.

Even if the board does everything a rider ready board did ten years ago, the big leagues have moved on and embraced new things as "necessary".

I remember seeing a video where Rush had different monitor settings, not only for each song, but for each part of a song, based on what they had worked out in pre touring production practice.
Jay Barracato

Clint Miller

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 11:52:51 AM »

And I bought a Yaris hoping to compete in Nascar...

Touché!
I guess I had that coming... Dangit!  Can't hear melectric car rev at the light!!!  ;D

Honestly, I'm just starting to get "up'n comin" & "haz-bin" acts.  They will accept my Mackie Thumps for monitors, as long as I have a sub for the drum fill, but that board is something they won't move on.  It's funny, because everyone who uses the PreSonus for a little bit is impressed: because it is 1)super easy to learn, 2)very functional, and 3)sounds great.  I have heard that the faders on the PreSonus are not reliable.  I haven't had an issue yet, but at their price, they're still worth it. I'm still a weekend warrior.  We'll see how reliable they are when I'm running them 2-3 times per week.

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2011, 12:13:09 PM »

Touché!
I guess I had that coming... Dangit!  Can't hear melectric car rev at the light!!!  ;D

Honestly, I'm just starting to get "up'n comin" & "haz-bin" acts.  They will accept my Mackie Thumps for monitors, as long as I have a sub for the drum fill, but that board is something they won't move on.  It's funny, because everyone who uses the PreSonus for a little bit is impressed: because it is 1)super easy to learn, 2)very functional, and 3)sounds great.  I have heard that the faders on the PreSonus are not reliable.  I haven't had an issue yet, but at their price, they're still worth it. I'm still a weekend warrior.  We'll see how reliable they are when I'm running them 2-3 times per week.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the Presonus, and I have actually gotten to the point where I would rather see that in a small club/listening room than the typical GL2400 and assorted outboard. I think it is a great piece of equipment in its price notch. Its use in the proper place is no problem. I would not be surprised to see it at more and more big shows as a quick throw up for the opening act when the headliner is touring their own FOH (Venice seems popular for that now).

I just have a hard time believing anything in that price range will ever be rider acceptable for any act with the clout to insist item by item on the rider. The price of any top line technology tends to remain fairly constant over time, while the capabilities of the technology changes.

For the type of acts you are seeing I believe in crossrenting. If they insist on a particular piece of equipment I will be happy to go get it at a line item cost. That is always a good indication of how closely they are going to adhere to the rider. If it is negotiated in advance, there is often a lot of compromise possible.
Jay Barracato

Rick Alan

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2011, 07:08:06 PM »

Just got this in my emails....Anyone got any more details on the new Allen and Heath Digital desk

http://www.allen-heath.com/UK/News/Pages/NewsDetail.aspx?NewsId=566

Date looking like March.  Made to compete with Presonus SL and Soundcraft si compact.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2011, 07:08:06 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.