ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ipad Question  (Read 2763 times)

Randy Culpepper

Ipad Question
« on: December 15, 2011, 09:49:18 PM »

I have been looking for a nice app for expense reporting. I would like for it to be able to glen info from receipts as images taken by the camera and auto fill the info. I would also like for it to be able to record mileage. What do you guys use either on the road or in town for this?

Another question I have is what apps do you find useful. I've started to use Stagemix and a few other ones but would love to hear what you use.

Thanks for all the input.

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
Re: Ipad Question
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 10:38:58 PM »

Evernote and QuickOffice are good starts for productivity apps.  Also the AutoCad app if you need to read non-Vectorworks CAD drawings.  Air Sharing is good for making your iPad a bit more transparent to your computer.

Also - I use iTeleport for VNC and it works better than Mocha VNC, the freebie alternative but I'm not a fan of remote desktop to begin with unless it really is for genuine remote application like back to your computer at the shop.  For console control and such it's slow & painful enough that I'd rather run back to the board.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 10:48:41 AM by Riley Casey »

Geri O'Neil

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 12:39:42 AM »

I use Stagemix as well. It just needs more functionality. For other remote duties (using an iPad VNCed to a MacBook Pro for system measurement or tablet mixing), PocketCloud works well for me. (BTW, tablet mixing ain't what it's cracked up to be...)

I use Evernote and Documents to Go, but rumor has it that Microsoft is preparing an iPad version of MS Office. I was trying to use the iPad remoted to my office desktop box as a way to do paperless picklists in Excel (checking off gear as it's pulled and loaded), but it's pretty clumsy and not (yet) really effective. I'm still working on it (when time allows) and having Excel and not an iPad knock-off app might help. Okay, I'll fess up, it's more likely my ineptness with Excel and the other apps that's really the problem.

Fun stuff...

Geri O
Geri O

Dan Richardson

• southern Vermont
    • NotTooLoud
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 02:00:17 PM »

Also - I use iTeleport for VNC and it works better than Mocha VNC, the freebie alternative but I'm not a fan of remote desktop to begin with unless it really is for genuine remote application like back to your computer at the shop.  For console control and such it's slow & painful enough that I'd rather run back to the board.

Remoter is considerably more responsive than most of the others I own. Also particularly well thought out and configurable. Frequently on sale for a buck.
The best sound system is no sound system. Everything else is compromise.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 02:00:17 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 24 queries.