ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where to find 12awg insulated Faston terminals  (Read 1912 times)

Daniel Lozada

• Gulf South Productions
Where to find 12awg insulated Faston terminals
« on: December 15, 2011, 06:00:03 pm »

I'm getting ready to build a Poor Man's Distro like the one discussed in this thread -

http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/m/197232/0/

I have located everything I need except for the Faston terminals I need for the PowerCon connectors - anyone know where to find them at?  Neither of the links in that thread are any good anymore and google hasn't pulled up anything useful yet.  Does anyone know if RedCo will still prepunch the holes in the metal casing?
Gulf South Productions
PA: RCF HDL50/HDL30/HDL26/SUB9006, Dynacord Cobra, Dynacord Xa2, Nexo Geo S12, RS18
Consoles: Midas Pro2, Pro1, M32, M32R
RF: Shure UHF-R, PSM900, Professional Wireless
Lighting: Chauvet Professional
Lighting Control: Hog, Avo, Martin
Staging: Stageline, Staging Dimensions
Video: Blackmagic Design, Kramer, Decimator

Mississippi, US

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
Re: Where to find 12awg insulated Faston terminals
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 07:49:53 pm »

I'm getting ready to build a Poor Man's Distro like the one discussed in this thread -

http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/m/197232/0/

I have located everything I need except for the Faston terminals I need for the PowerCon connectors - anyone know where to find them at?  Neither of the links in that thread are any good anymore and google hasn't pulled up anything useful yet.  Does anyone know if RedCo will still prepunch the holes in the metal casing?

I buy the Neutrik non-insulated fastons from Mouser Electronics (p/n NLFASTON) and use shrink on them. You will need a tool like the Sargent 6530CT to crimp them, also available from Mouser.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, VTC, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, OnPoint Audio, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Road Ready, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, Whirlwind, On-Stage, more...

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 06:57:13 pm »

I buy the Neutrik non-insulated fastons from Mouser Electronics (p/n NLFASTON) and use shrink on them. You will need a tool like the Sargent 6530CT to crimp them, also available from Mouser.

As I said in the article

The Powercon connectors and faston crimps all came from the nice folks at Parts Express.

good luck

Oh, and take a look at the one from Trik Tags. It might be cheeper?
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Daniel Lozada

• Gulf South Productions
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 07:59:33 pm »

As I said in the article

The Powercon connectors and faston crimps all came from the nice folks at Parts Express.

good luck

Oh, and take a look at the one from Trik Tags. It might be cheeper?

I'm actually going to go the Trik Tags route - that unit is exactly what I need...assembled...for less than I can buy all the parts for.
Gulf South Productions
PA: RCF HDL50/HDL30/HDL26/SUB9006, Dynacord Cobra, Dynacord Xa2, Nexo Geo S12, RS18
Consoles: Midas Pro2, Pro1, M32, M32R
RF: Shure UHF-R, PSM900, Professional Wireless
Lighting: Chauvet Professional
Lighting Control: Hog, Avo, Martin
Staging: Stageline, Staging Dimensions
Video: Blackmagic Design, Kramer, Decimator

Mississippi, US

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 07:59:33 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 22 queries.