ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Plugins and toys for an Sc-48  (Read 12900 times)

Luke Milanese

Re: Plugins and toys for an Sc-48
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 12:52:09 PM »

Hi Nate,

I got an SC48 about 6 months after they started shipping them, and have been touring with it doing about 180 shows a year since, so maybe I can help. 

First off what Ben said about Router/iPad is where I would start.  I can't tell you how many times it has helped/saved me.  I use my iPhone 4, Linksys router, and an app called iTeleport.  A tablet or iPad is great, I just use my phone because its always in my pocket and it works great. 

The plug-ins it comes with are great too.  Revibe, Smack!, TL Aggro comp, Eleven, BF76, lots of good stuff.  I haven't used the Crainsong but hear lots of good about it.  The Waves stuff is great, I would recommend the C4 or C6 multi-band comp if your not going to get a bundle.  Its very powerful. A friend if mine, who works with top level acts on huge tours told me early on that Smack! on "Opto" is his go to plug-in for vocals.  He's right.   

That being said, I agree with Scott, mix on it for a while and see if anything is falling short.  Then come here with a specific plug-in need and these guys will point you right.

Also the MacBook Pro for recording especially if they actually bump tracks from 18 to 32.  Since Avid opened up the platform, lots of other programs recognize the D-Show fwx interface.  We record into "Audio Hijack Pro" direct to MP3 every night.  It lists the D-Show fwx as an input option.  Its totally solid, never failed. 

I hope this helps.  Enjoy it, its a great desk.

Luke

Greg_Cameron

• Cameron Pro Audio
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 03:08:51 PM »

Hi Nate,

I got an SC48 about 6 months after they started shipping them, and have been touring with it doing about 180 shows a year since, so maybe I can help. 

First off what Ben said about Router/iPad is where I would start.  I can't tell you how many times it has helped/saved me.  I use my iPhone 4, Linksys router, and an app called iTeleport.  A tablet or iPad is great, I just use my phone because its always in my pocket and it works great. 

The plug-ins it comes with are great too.  Revibe, Smack!, TL Aggro comp, Eleven, BF76, lots of good stuff.  I haven't used the Crainsong but hear lots of good about it.  The Waves stuff is great, I would recommend the C4 or C6 multi-band comp if your not going to get a bundle.  Its very powerful. A friend if mine, who works with top level acts on huge tours told me early on that Smack! on "Opto" is his go to plug-in for vocals.  He's right.   

That being said, I agree with Scott, mix on it for a while and see if anything is falling short.  Then come here with a specific plug-in need and these guys will point you right.

Also the MacBook Pro for recording especially if they actually bump tracks from 18 to 32.  Since Avid opened up the platform, lots of other programs recognize the D-Show fwx interface.  We record into "Audio Hijack Pro" direct to MP3 every night.  It lists the D-Show fwx as an input option.  Its totally solid, never failed. 

I hope this helps.  Enjoy it, its a great desk.

Luke

I'm getting "broken in" on my SC48. One thing in plugin-land I haven't come across yet is multi effect plugin that has combination verb/delay for vocals like you would find in a TC outboard products so you don't have to use 2 plugins. Has anyone seen something like that? It seems like there would be a good demand for that so you can just punch up a quick preset and go.

Greg
"Procrastinators of the world - contemplate uniting!"

Cameron Pro Audio

Jonathan Martin

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, 10:32:04 PM »

Hello Lab,

I Just bought my first kind of real console and am looking to Pimp my desk. A friend has advised the cup/Beer holder option and the Cranesong plugin. I have a single space tascam cd player and a UPS in the 8 space rack. I was looking at possibly getting a word clock?
Thanks in advance,

Nate
KDS&L
PS where did the spell check go :-\

"The Glue"

I'll echo what everyone else said.
No word clock.

Stay away from the Eventide plug. It's a DSP hog and it does not sound like the hardware version.

Waves C-6.

Smack! on Opto mode for vocals. (my go-to as well..)

USB sticks with nothing on them but show files / plugs.

Set your Input / Output Clip Margin @ 0. Some people might prefer -3, but I know if I'm hitting red @ 0, something else is wrong. YMMV.

Delay Compensation on Mix & Inserts. (if you are utilizing parallel compression or outboard / hardware inserts)

I carry a old Logitech mouse with the thumb ball. I'm just used to it and hate the ones with a big ball in the center or worse, a old skool optical mouse. YMMV.

*Cranesong Phoenix. I like to call this my 'loudness button'. I know some guys who will put it on everything. I prefer to put it on subtle things like acoustic guitars to make them 'pop' in the mix. I also use it on L/R in conjunction with some other plugs.. again, YMMV. It's a great plug.

Spend the $ and get a Allen Smart  C-2 comp and a nice fuzzy bath rug on top of a piece of memory foam so you can mix barefoot. (you can thank me later..)  ;)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, 10:32:04 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.