ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: EAW Parts issues...  (Read 8337 times)

Karl Bader

• Karl Bader
EAW Parts issues...
« on: December 14, 2011, 09:14:51 AM »

Hey all!

I've been having a lot of trouble with the parts department at EAW. I have to leave several messages over an extended time to get a call back, etc. The latest is we ordered JF50 high drivers about 5 or so weeks ago. Haven't seen them, we called a few days ago again with no response... Any idea how I can get a hold of a human to talk to? Voice mail is just getting us nowhere. I hate to make this public but this is more than unacceptable to us.

Thanks,

Karl

Hayden J. Nebus

• Richmond, VA
Re: EAW Parts issues...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 10:12:56 AM »

Hey all!

I've been having a lot of trouble with the parts department at EAW. I have to leave several messages over an extended time to get a call back, etc. The latest is we ordered JF50 high drivers about 5 or so weeks ago. Haven't seen them, we called a few days ago again with no response... Any idea how I can get a hold of a human to talk to? Voice mail is just getting us nowhere. I hate to make this public but this is more than unacceptable to us.

Thanks,

Karl

Welcome to the club. It's no secret that EAW parts has had some issues with timeliness. I've broken down to using third party vendors. Have you looked up performance audio of new england? They're right around the corner from Whitinville. Dunno if they have what you need, but people answer the phone there and they know their EAW.

Iain.Macdonald

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 12:42:38 PM »

Hey all!

Thanks,

Karl

Hi,

I am sure you know this already, but just in case.. When you contact them, you need to have the exact model number, JF50 or JF50S and the serial number. EAW like so many other companies changes suppliers and specifications during the production lifecycle. This is an old product, so Hayden's advice might be the answer.

Iain.

Karl Bader

• Karl Bader
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 02:32:31 PM »

Hi,

I am sure you know this already, but just in case.. When you contact them, you need to have the exact model number, JF50 or JF50S and the serial number. EAW like so many other companies changes suppliers and specifications during the production lifecycle. This is an old product, so Hayden's advice might be the answer.

Iain.

They knew what they were sending us... they let us know that they no longer make the original high driver or diaphagms, which forced us to upgrade both drivers... one of our 2 was damaged in shipping, we just want to finally have them in inventory instead of having bought it and it sit on my repair bench...

Thanks,

Karl

Karl Bader

• Karl Bader
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 03:53:19 PM »

Got a phone call from Eat A Weenie today, the parts will be here Monday and they aren't charging us for them as it is a new kit..

Brandon Romanowski

• IndigoConcertAudiDept.
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 05:22:48 PM »

FWIW: We have a lot of EAW gear. Every time I need or have needed a replacement diaphragm or the one time I had a processor fail, the folks at EAW were very helpful and timely with their parts and services and any call backs were immediate. It makes me think some people are just not being direct when communicating with EAW about their needs. Not accusing anyone here of anything, just commenting on my own experiences.

Hayden J. Nebus

• Richmond, VA
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 06:50:01 PM »

FWIW: We have a lot of EAW gear. Every time I need or have needed a replacement diaphragm or the one time I had a processor fail, the folks at EAW were very helpful and timely with their parts and services and any call backs were immediate. It makes me think some people are just not being direct when communicating with EAW about their needs. Not accusing anyone here of anything, just commenting on my own experiences.

From my experience things went downhill shortly after the LOUD transition. It seemed like Kyle was the entire parts department. Not even sure he's there anymore, but drivers and diaphragms on backorder were the norm.

I have no complaints about EAW engineering support. Joe always picks up the phone quickly and gives good info. Much of the time its how to find info on the ftp site while the http site is bugging out with 404 errors.

Geri O'Neil

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 07:20:59 PM »

From my experience things went downhill shortly after the LOUD transition. It seemed like Kyle was the entire parts department. Not even sure he's there anymore, but drivers and diaphragms on backorder were the norm.

I have no complaints about EAW engineering support. Joe always picks up the phone quickly and gives good info. Much of the time its how to find info on the ftp site while the http site is bugging out with 404 errors.

The downhill slide has been somewhat reversed, I'm happy to say (although the forum has been down for a week now, but...). We haven't had any parts troubles, but we've been calling P.A.N.E for EAW parts, as well. (508) 234-7441 or "[email protected]".

HTH, Geri O

Karl Bader

• Karl Bader
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 04:35:00 PM »

The downhill slide has been somewhat reversed, I'm happy to say (although the forum has been down for a week now, but...). We haven't had any parts troubles, but we've been calling P.A.N.E for EAW parts, as well. (508) 234-7441 or "[email protected]".

HTH, Geri O

Yeah I've tried that number too, but the call doesn't seem to go through... I'm going through another bout of all this... Called 2 weeks ago, Called again today...

Joe Fustolo

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 04:37:35 PM »

Yeah I've tried that number too, but the call doesn't seem to go through... I'm going through another bout of all this... Called 2 weeks ago, Called again today...

Hey Karl,

A lot has changed since December.. we now have an official Service Department again.. Steve Davis is back with the company full time.
He can be reached at 508-234-6158 Ext. 6272
He will take good care of you.
Joe Fustolo
Eastern Regional Sales Manager
Renkus Heinz

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 04:37:35 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.