ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: EV Live X sub ?  (Read 8575 times)

Tom Stone

Re: EV Live X sub ?
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2011, 09:40:55 AM »

Actually 75Hz is quite a bit louder than 100hz on that sub.   At least according to the freq response graph.

I guess if I had the necessary stuff and little more know how I could run sine waves thru the sub and figure out where this sub hits the hardest and weakest.
 So let me ask this.
Reckon if I got DBX DRPX could help at least get me a tighter punchier sound out of them?
I pretty much stuck with them and I just gonna have to live with their lower output bu I was guessing maybe a DRPX can yield me a nice tighter and punchier sub sound.
Thanks and appreciate every body's input.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2011, 11:03:16 AM »

I pretty much stuck with them and I just gonna have to live with their lower output bu I was guessing maybe a DRPX can yield me a nice tighter and punchier sub sound.

Why would you think that?

rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Tom Stone

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, 01:15:41 PM »

Why would you think that?

Why would I think what? the DRPX or being stuck with them?
If your refering to being stuck with them the re-sale value anint gonna fetch  much to get better replacements. 

DRPX I can get used but would it be worth it ? is what I'm asking about the DRPX.

DBA

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2011, 02:18:42 PM »

If your refering to being stuck with them the re-sale value anint gonna fetch  much to get better replacements. 

DRPX I can get used but would it be worth it ? is what I'm asking about the DRPX.

Tom,

I am supprised that noone has asked what you are using to power this sub.   So I am asking now.   It seems to be a fairly low powered box with a not that great sensitivity so I don't think it could ever be a true "sub", especially with it  peaking in response @ 70hz and falling off quickly below that. 

Just about any amp should power these subs, but what are you using?

Tom Stone

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2011, 02:39:07 PM »

Tom,

I am supprised that noone has asked what you are using to power this sub.   So I am asking now.   It seems to be a fairly low powered box with a not that great sensitivity so I don't think it could ever be a true "sub", especially with it  peaking in response @ 70hz and falling off quickly below that. 

Just about any amp should power these subs, but what are you using?

Their the active version  700w amp built in but looking at the sticker that has 50-60hz only draws 1.0 amp.

DBA

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 03:47:29 PM »

Their the active version  700w amp built in but looking at the sticker that has 50-60hz only draws 1.0 amp.

Yep,  just use them as is until you are ready to upgrade and sell them to a karaoke DJ.  Thats really all they are good for honestly (on paper anyway since I have not heard them). 

For now,  let them make money for you and as long as nobody in the crowd is bitching about the lack of bass, who cares right :)       Enjoy!

Tom Stone

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 07:38:55 PM »

Yep,  just use them as is until you are ready to upgrade and sell them to a karaoke DJ.  Thats really all they are good for honestly (on paper anyway since I have not heard them). 

For now,  let them make money for you and as long as nobody in the crowd is bitching about the lack of bass, who cares right :)       Enjoy!

Yea your right should look at it from that point.
Anyway thanks to all that replied have a blessed holiday season.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2011, 10:58:28 AM »

Why would you think that buying a DRPX is going to make the sub sound better? I am serious, what is your reasoning here?
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Tom Stone

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2011, 02:04:37 PM »

Why would you think that buying a DRPX is going to make the sub sound better? I am serious, what is your reasoning here?

Because it has 2 types of filter slopes and PEQ but anyway I'm just gonna sell them off and
then use what money I get out of the subs and buy a LS801P sub.
Seems to be a good choice for what I need. Just wish they came in a lighter verison.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2011, 02:04:37 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.