ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommend DJ system for $2000  (Read 11204 times)

MarinoReyes

Recommend DJ system for $2000
« on: December 05, 2011, 10:26:46 PM »

Hi guys I'm looking for a DJ setup for under $2000 that will be mainly for house parties, outside, roughly 125 people maybe 6 times a year....so this isn't something that will be used on a weekly basis. Size is a bit of an issue so i'm not looking for something monstrous. I'm looking for 2 powered speakers (no carrying/storing an extra amp), a sub and a mixer. I'll be hooking this up to a mac/pc and would also like a recommendation for software that you guys recommend. If you guys could recommend a setup for me I would reeeaalllyyy appreciate it!!!!! :D Hoping to unveil this for holiday parties

What i've been recommended so far is:
2 - JBL Pro Powered 15" EON 515XT $699 each (lightweight 33lbs)
1 - Podium Pro Audio | PP15PS1 $499
 (What do you think about podium pro????)
1 - Hercules DJ Console RMX $299
 (My cousin has had good experiences with the Hercules RMX)
Total - $2200

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
Re: Recommend DJ system for $2000
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 10:45:47 PM »

Read the rules, fix your display name.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 01:14:55 AM »

Northern Sound and Light has the EV SB2A on sale right now for 600 bucks. That combined with 2 ZXA1-90's would be a pretty killer house party system.

Also if you stretched your budget just a bit, you get get 2 SB2A's provide a little more bump. Then add 2 more SB122's daisy chained from the SB2a's. That's four 12" subs and two 8" tops for around 2200-2400 for the speakers.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 02:09:55 AM »

Pair of RCF ART310As and a SUB705AS.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Reggie Kendrick

• Channel Live Productions - raising the bar...
    • Channel Live Productions
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 07:11:12 AM »

Northern Sound and Light has the EV SB2A on sale right now for 600 bucks. That combined with 2 ZXA1-90's would be a pretty killer house party system.

Also if you stretched your budget just a bit, you get get 2 SB2A's provide a little more bump. Then add 2 more SB122's daisy chained from the SB2a's. That's four 12" subs and two 8" tops for around 2200-2400 for the speakers.
Sam Ash sells them new for $499 each.
Raising the bar...

Atlanta Wedding DJs
Atlanta DJs / Wedding DJs / Prom DJs ...and more

Jim Galanie

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 02:59:10 PM »

I'd go with 2 JBL PRX-512M's ($600 each street, the older JBL design), 1 JBL PRX-718S (<$1K street), and 1 Allen & Heath XOne22 ($300 street). Add speaker stands ($100), a microphone ($75), and 5 XLR cables ($50) and you have one properly powered, digitally processed and cross-overed system for your price point. The XOne's XLR outs go to the sub and the sub feeds the mains with the sub crossover pushed on. The whole system can be transported in any vehicle that can fit the single 18" powered sub and weighs under 200 lbs. Later, add another sub. This will cover any house, frat, wedding, or school party up to 250 people. It's closer to $3k than $2k, but it will WAY outperform your original solution.

Sergei Shapoval

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 06:20:26 PM »

Although I'm not a huge fan of Bose products, we used to have a bunch of L1's at a place I worked at. For parties of under 200 where you don't need huge bass, it's perfect and gets surprisingly loud. We used them at weddings all the time. It's also by far the most portable system on the market (takes up as much space as a golf bag) and requires no external processors to get it going.

You can find them used for about $1,500.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 06:22:40 PM by Sergei Shapoval »

Tracy Garner

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 06:40:41 PM »

Hi guys I'm looking for a DJ setup for under $2000 that will be mainly for house parties, outside, roughly 125 people maybe 6 times a year....so this isn't something that will be used on a weekly basis. Size is a bit of an issue so i'm not looking for something monstrous. I'm looking for 2 powered speakers (no carrying/storing an extra amp), a sub and a mixer. I'll be hooking this up to a mac/pc and would also like a recommendation for software that you guys recommend. If you guys could recommend a setup for me I would reeeaalllyyy appreciate it!!!!! :D Hoping to unveil this for holiday parties

What i've been recommended so far is:
2 - JBL Pro Powered 15" EON 515XT $699 each (lightweight 33lbs)
1 - Podium Pro Audio | PP15PS1 $499
 (What do you think about podium pro????)
1 - Hercules DJ Console RMX $299
 (My cousin has had good experiences with the Hercules RMX)
Total - $2200

Use nothing else but Serato Scratch live or Itch - They use the same library.
Best bang for the buck is Numark MixDeck Express - You can do CD, thumb drive, and external hard drive. For 125 people, Thump/Mackie makes a 12" or 15" powered speaker.

You can give me what is left over of the $2k... I am in a forum of 400 DJs in Baltimore alone. We debate this topic daily. This is the setup.

Fernando Lopez

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 09:53:09 AM »

Pair of RCF ART310As and a SUB705AS.
Either what Mike suggested or the art312 tops. They will sound louder and nicer than EONS or Thumps and are at a great price

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 11:07:34 PM »

Put the $2000 in the bank and use the interest to offset the cost of renting gear for those six times per year that you need it.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 11:07:34 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 25 queries.