ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need classic looking mic advice  (Read 1141 times)

Steven warner

I need classic looking mic advice
« on: December 03, 2011, 07:34:46 pm »

the guitarist in a band I work with alot has helped me out many times in the last couple months and I want to get him a thank you gift since he wont let me pay him. I have heard him mention several times that he want a classic looking mic and since I have no experience with these Im asking for advice here on what to get. He uses a 58 right now so anything comparable would be fine.  He sings and plays harmonica. The band reminds me of Gram Parsons. thanks.....

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: I need classic looking mic advice
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 08:22:56 pm »

the guitarist in a band I work with alot has helped me out many times in the last couple months and I want to get him a thank you gift since he wont let me pay him. I have heard him mention several times that he want a classic looking mic and since I have no experience with these Im asking for advice here on what to get. He uses a 58 right now so anything comparable would be fine.  He sings and plays harmonica. The band reminds me of Gram Parsons. thanks.....

Heil's The Fin
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Charlie Zureki

• South Eastern Michigan (near Windsor)
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 10:06:27 pm »

Heil's The Fin

+1 or..if you needed...a Shure 555
  Hammer
Do it the right way....don't be a Dino!

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 08:50:53 am »

This guy builds replicas of the RCA 77's

http://www.wesdooley.com/aea/AEA_Replica_Microphones_and_Parts.html
Jay Barracato

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 08:50:53 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.