ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Yorkville U215 power...  (Read 6754 times)

Steve Loxton

Re: Yorkville U215 power...
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2011, 12:51:11 pm »

having done some more homework, looks like the I-T6k would be an even better choice at similar cost... opinions?

Steve Loxton

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 02:59:33 pm »

having done some more homework, looks like the I-T6k would be an even better choice at similar cost... opinions?

So, I just picked up a pair of I-T6000 on Flea-bay for what I think is a pretty good price. That will take care of power (and DSP) for my first pair of U215... and then some. Although, I'll have to dial the amp on the MF/HF way back. When I get my second pair of U215, I'll use the 6ks for LF and get two more amps for HF. But, the smallest I-Tech (4000) seems like overkill... Since I'll have the DSP in the I-Techs can someone recommend a good amp for the HF? Can the I-Tech DSP feed the MF/HF amp and process the full freq. range?

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011, 06:34:42 pm »

So, I just picked up a pair of I-T6000 on Flea-bay for what I think is a pretty good price. That will take care of power (and DSP) for my first pair of U215... and then some. Although, I'll have to dial the amp on the MF/HF way back. When I get my second pair of U215, I'll use the 6ks for LF and get two more amps for HF. But, the smallest I-Tech (4000) seems like overkill... Since I'll have the DSP in the I-Techs can someone recommend a good amp for the HF? Can the I-Tech DSP feed the MF/HF amp and process the full freq. range?

No.  The processing remains inside the amp, i.e. the processed signal does not appear on the XLR "thru" output.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Ronnie.Reels

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011, 07:12:49 pm »

Crown XS900 works great for 2 or 3 per channel Hi sections of U15/U215

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011, 07:12:49 pm »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 24 queries.