ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Monitors always on  (Read 7409 times)

Tim Perry

• Utica-Rome NY
Re: Monitors always on
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2011, 11:19:12 PM »

I have a Behringer Eurodesk sl2442fx.

A company used to make a product where switches could be used to mute the console channels by wiring them into the insert jacks. 

I suppose you could just take a handful of 1/4" TRS plugs and stick them in the insert you want to mute then pull out to unmute.   

Gene Lollis

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2011, 11:57:25 PM »

http://www.mackie.com/pdf/compactmixer_mods.pdf

It would take some handywork, but there are options to make your mixer operate normally. I was considering doing this myself once before, but we made a better choice all the way around and got a mixwizard. Better features, sound and overall quality.

David Parker

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2011, 08:03:31 AM »

http://www.mackie.com/pdf/compactmixer_mods.pdf

It would take some handywork, but there are options to make your mixer operate normally. I was considering doing this myself once before, but we made a better choice all the way around and got a mixwizard. Better features, sound and overall quality.

I had two of the original mackie 1604 mixers way back when they were popular. I did the mod to change one of the post fader aux channels to pre. That gave me one switchable, one pre, and two post. Later, when I got  the SR32.4, I did some similar mods on it to make it into a 6 channel monitor mixer. I don't think behringer gives any modification guidelines, although if it is a mackie clone, and many of them were, the mackie mod just might work!

Isaac South

• Central Kentucky
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2011, 08:15:46 AM »

Thanks Tim (McCulloch).  I completely understand.  We set-up last night for an event we are playing at tonight.  I did what someone earlier in the conversation said and pushed the "pre post" in and out, and it did mute the monitors.  So...at least now I know that if I ever desperately need to mute a particular instrument in the monitors, I can do so via that button.

David Parker

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2011, 08:26:57 AM »

Thanks Tim (McCulloch).  I completely understand.  We set-up last night for an event we are playing at tonight.  I did what someone earlier in the conversation said and pushed the "pre post" in and out, and it did mute the monitors.  So...at least now I know that if I ever desperately need to mute a particular instrument in the monitors, I can do so via that button.

so why wouldnt you leave it in the pre position?

Isaac South

• Central Kentucky
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2011, 09:53:11 AM »

Well, if it's in the "pre" position, the monitor is muted....even if the channel is un-muted. 

David Parker

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2011, 06:17:13 PM »

Well, if it's in the "pre" position, the monitor is muted....even if the channel is un-muted.

that's messed up!

Chuck Nottle

• Puyallup, WA
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2011, 06:53:49 PM »

I think he needs to turn the Master Aux up for this "pre" monitor channel.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2011, 06:53:49 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.