ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: UHF spectrum analyzer  (Read 17259 times)

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
Re: UHF spectrum analyzer
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2011, 10:45:43 AM »

I don't do RF anymore, but when I did the TTI handheld was fast and indispensible. You learn a lot about the local RF environment quickly. TTI has plenty of spares going forward. Also keep in mind that - used as a stand alone RF tool - you will never scratch the surface of the designed-in lifespan of the Palminterface.
+1
The other advantage of not being tied to a laptop is that you can take the TTi out to where the talent is and see what the rf level is where it is being recieved by the iem packs (at least during soundcheck). Helps to sort out bad antenna cables.

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2011, 08:35:43 AM »

Right on!

Even really good RF cables have problems w/termination. IEM bodypacks that see heavy use can have antenna problems. A tool like the TTI allows you to see what is really in the air in a particular location. Even following "best practices", using good gear & antennas & predictive software, you need to truly  know what is in the local RF stew.

Jim Risgin

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2011, 02:51:51 PM »

I know that these are not quite on the market but I would recommend looking @ Shure Spectrum Manager and Wireless Workbench 6.  This Combo, although not as inexpensive as the TTI and not as portable- it is a powerful coordination tool (not like WWB5) and the scanner system is very effective. The best feature is that your scan is automatically imported into your coordination and marked as exclusions- a very effective work flow system

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 05:10:22 PM »

I already have a R&S FSH3 which is a real spectrum analyzer, but am very excited about the Shure Spectrum manager which is actually a scanner, not a spectrum analyzer.  My favorite feature is that each of your frequencies, even non Shure equipment, can be labeled and displayed on a view of the entire working spectrum.  The spectrum is broken up into, I think, 8 separate bands with separate scanners which can simultaneously update the spectrum display in a minute.  Great way to watch your whole show environment for interlopers which you can't do with something like the R&S.  Here are some labeled frequencies in a display which shows TV channel 35 - 50.

Watch this video for a great demonstration. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8ICK65IOmI
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 05:18:17 PM by Pete Erskine »
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 05:10:22 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.