ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smaart 7 and hardware.  (Read 3783 times)

John durisko

Smaart 7 and hardware.
« on: November 27, 2011, 03:09:51 AM »

Hi guys and gals,
I currently run a MacBook pro with a presonus firebox to do measurements using smaartlive. This has happened a couple times now and I haven't had the time to investigate much further.

What's happening is when I plug an xlr from console output into either xlr input the entire spectrum shows an enormous amount of level and pulses. Now so far this has happened on a yammy 5D and we don't take analog out any more unless we are in a pickle on gear available. A lot of times when I take a system out to a show the guest engineer wants to tune the pa himself so I load factory settings and let them have at it.

My main question is has anyone dealt with a firebox doing this before?

Paul Tucci

• SR Forums
Re: Smaart 7 and hardware.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 10:45:13 AM »

Hi guys and gals,
I currently run a MacBook pro with a presonus firebox to do measurements using smaartlive. This has happened a couple times now and I haven't had the time to investigate much further.

What's happening is when I plug an xlr from console output into either xlr input the entire spectrum shows an enormous amount of level and pulses. Now so far this has happened on a yammy 5D and we don't take analog out any more unless we are in a pickle on gear available. A lot of times when I take a system out to a show the guest engineer wants to tune the pa himself so I load factory settings and let them have at it.

My main question is has anyone dealt with a firebox doing this before?

John,

That happens everytime anyone plugs a line level output into a mic preamp.

YMMV

PT

John durisko

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 12:11:52 AM »

John,

That happens everytime anyone plugs a line level output into a mic preamp.

YMMV

PT

Yeah, That was a dumb question. I've started using the XLR to TRS adapter I had in my bag and things have been fine.

Paul Tucci

• SR Forums
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 11:46:33 AM »

John.

I would not call that a dumb question, that might discourage the timid from asking about their concerns.
Feel free however, to review the logic that questioned the interface rather than the technique. ( Always test the tester)

I just bought my son a PreSonus FireBox for Christmas, I hope his works better. :)

PT

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 11:46:33 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.