ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: A & H vs Mackie  (Read 8950 times)

alfredo cannon

Re: A & H vs Mackie
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 09:24:15 PM »

I have to agree with that statement. While researching for my new board I found the Studiolive boards to have a pretty comprehensive metering system. Not as comprehensive as my APB, but very good to say the least. I also own a Mackie 1640 and never found the metering to be all that lacking, and more useable than any Mixwiz I've put my hands on.

Thanks to Dick and Bob for the advice. maybe I should consider the Presonus 16.4.2
And thanks Vinny for the A & H for sale ad. i'll check that out too.

alfredo cannon

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 05:08:06 PM »

I have to agree with that statement. While researching for my new board I found the Studiolive boards to have a pretty comprehensive metering system. Not as comprehensive as my APB, but very good to say the least. I also own a Mackie 1640 and never found the metering to be all that lacking, and more useable than any Mixwiz I've put my hands on.

I did check out APB, looks awesome! But today I bought a Mix Wiz 3 16:2
I'm excited to try it out after it's delivered. I read a lot of PSW threads from the past which helped in my decision. Thanks. Al

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2011, 01:11:22 AM »

Did you notice that in the post 7 hours before yours the OP said they had already ordered a MixWiz3 16:2?

Obviously not! Sorry guys...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 10:38:04 PM by Samuel Rees »

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2011, 05:45:44 AM »

I'd recommend the checking out the StudioLive. The metering at a glance is going to be superior to any of the products you mentioned, if that really is important to you. One button press gives you 15 segment meters on each channel, pre or post fader. Also, you'll get 2 built in FX engines, comps/gates on every channel, and 8 graphic EQs all in one little rackmount unit. Channel strip settings, graphic EQs, monitor mixes, and FX settings are all recallable.
Did you notice that in the post 7 hours before yours the OP said they had already ordered a MixWiz3 16:2?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2011, 05:45:44 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.