ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: I need less lighting!!! I know it sounds odd but please help!  (Read 18575 times)

Stephen Snipes

Re: I need less lighting!!! I know it sounds odd but please help!
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2011, 10:49:27 PM »

You looking for a way to store Flurry Washes with clamps on them?
I have 4 of them (and want more!) so this is an issue for me as well.

I have an idea on how to do this (assuming you're using O-clamps)

As soon as I reclaim my table saw (that has somehow become a basement table!) I'm going to take a shot at it.
I'll let you know if it works.

Correct!  I have O-Clamps and C-Claps so it just depends on which T-Bar I use.  But I have an idea on how to store them which is basically making a board that has a hole for the O-Clamp to sit down into and the base sits on the wood.  This way the light stays sitting right side up on the base and I can support the actual light with foam.  I already have someone that is going to build the box itself so that is a positive.  So far I have seen some good videos on the Flurry so I think I am going to get them.  I'm just not sure which ones I want. 

Steve Hurt

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 07:55:14 AM »

Correct!  I have O-Clamps and C-Claps so it just depends on which T-Bar I use.  But I have an idea on how to store them which is basically making a board that has a hole for the O-Clamp to sit down into and the base sits on the wood.  This way the light stays sitting right side up on the base and I can support the actual light with foam.  I already have someone that is going to build the box itself so that is a positive.  So far I have seen some good videos on the Flurry so I think I am going to get them.  I'm just not sure which ones I want.

That's pretty much what I have planned.  The hard part is leaving enough open space to be able to grab the fixture by the base when its down in the case.  If you make one,/have one made, please post.  I'll do the same.

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 09:02:42 AM »

Once again the forum has stymied my attempts at attaching a picture - apparently my 140kB 1024X768 JPG is a security violation of some kind.  If you're interested in the case I was attempting to post about, feel free to email/PM me and I'll send you the picture.  If I get around to it, I may upload it somewhere and post a link back.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 01:12:57 PM »

Once again the forum has stymied my attempts at attaching a picture - apparently my 140kB 1024X768 JPG is a security violation of some kind.  If you're interested in the case I was attempting to post about, feel free to email/PM me and I'll send you the picture.  If I get around to it, I may upload it somewhere and post a link back.

Photobucket is free. It's very ad heavy, but you don't see them when you link to the pics...
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2011, 01:17:30 PM »

Photobucket is free. It's very ad heavy, but you don't see them when you link to the pics...
I have my own hosting as well.  My point was expressing frustration that 11 months into the new forum software I still can't upload a simple JPG.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2011, 01:37:37 PM »

I have my own hosting as well.  My point was expressing frustration that 11 months into the new forum software I still can't upload a simple JPG.

TJ.....

That may be my fault:

http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,134527.msg1262890.html#new
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2011, 02:25:07 PM »

TJ.....

That may be my fault:

http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,134527.msg1262890.html#new
I tried again resizing to 800pix wide, fail.  Resized to 799pix, 109kB - fail again:
"Your attachment has failed security checks and cannot be uploaded. Please consult the forum administrator."

Even if that's the issue, the error message is more than a little bit unhelpful, though I seem to be having a different problem.

Mega fail.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2011, 02:43:46 PM »

I tried again resizing to 800pix wide, fail.  Resized to 799pix, 109kB - fail again:
"Your attachment has failed security checks and cannot be uploaded. Please consult the forum administrator."

Even if that's the issue, the error message is more than a little bit unhelpful, though I seem to be having a different problem.

Mega fail.

Did you take all the change out of your pockets and remove your belt and shoes before posting????
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2011, 03:20:35 PM »

Did you take all the change out of your pockets and remove your belt and shoes before posting????
Breathalizer, DNA sequencing, the whole gamut.  Maybe it's the highly offensive nature of the Duratex-finished plywood case I took the picture of that is at issue here. 

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2011, 09:00:53 AM »

Breathalizer, DNA sequencing, the whole gamut.  Maybe it's the highly offensive nature of the Duratex-finished plywood case I took the picture of that is at issue here.
Hopefully this isn't anticlimactic after all my complaining, but I wrote up a build post on my case here:
http://www.soundforums.net/live/threads/2419-Chauvet-SlimPar-Pro-RGBA-Review?p=21272&viewfull=1#post21272

Obviously this isn't a case for Flurry Washes, but I suspect I had similar goals in needing small cases for van-level gigs that don't require 3/4 ply and 2" of foam around everything.  Hopefully this is helpful.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2011, 09:00:53 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 21 queries.