ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: My new Ev qrx 115/75 and EV qrx 218 set up. Suggestions welcome  (Read 14735 times)

Conrad Muzoora

• Mbarara, Uganda. www.koolinvestments.co.ug
    • Kool Events Uganda
Re: My new Ev qrx 115/75 and EV qrx 218 set up. Suggestions welcome
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 05:03:40 AM »

Thank you everybody,

I knew i could count on PSW for very useful advice. I will attempt to bi-amp these babies as soon as i can get the appropriate cables and 4-pole Speakon connectors.
I will use

Plx 1802 4r pc to power the 4 horns
plx 3102 4r pc for mids (Until i free the plx 3602 when my RMX 4050HD arrives)
Plx 3602 for the lows until replaced by the 4050hd.

I dont realy play extremely loud and have never seen a clip lihgt on the plx 3102 runing the 4 tops passive, i guess it will serve my needs for the meantime.

Conrad
www.kooleventug.com

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2011, 10:53:57 AM »

Thank you everybody,

I knew i could count on PSW for very useful advice. I will attempt to bi-amp these babies as soon as i can get the appropriate cables and 4-pole Speakon connectors.
I will use

Plx 1802 4r pc to power the 4 horns
plx 3102 4r pc for mids (Until i free the plx 3602 when my RMX 4050HD arrives)
Plx 3602 for the lows until replaced by the 4050hd.

I dont realy play extremely loud and have never seen a clip lihgt on the plx 3102 runing the 4 tops passive, i guess it will serve my needs for the meantime.

Conrad
www.kooleventug.com

+1 Sounds like a great plan. You will like how it sounds and will be able to easily run it on a pair of circuits and run it pretty well on one.

Heck, a couple of weeks ago I had to run my rig on small power and drove a pair of my QRX212s and four Growlers (from a PL6) along with some lights on a single 20a for an hour before the breaker tripped... oops (we thought we were on 2 circuits... fixed it and continued).
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2011, 10:53:57 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.