ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Time to upgrade  (Read 13422 times)

drew gandy

• Chicago and burbs
Re: Time to upgrade
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2011, 06:10:21 PM »

Yeah my wording was a bit "off".

Mixing metaphors till it's a dark and powerful soup.
Arrogance is usually far worse than ignorance. But every once in awhile they swap places.

Jeffhtg (Jeff Kenney)

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2011, 11:13:08 PM »

Jeff,

Contact Langston Holland, he's also down in FL and knows how to get the most out of TH118's.  He's powering them with Lab Gruppen PLM14000's I believe running ONE TH118 per channel.

I would think that 6 TH118's will do what you're looking for in less space. 

Another suggestion would be trying some high powered amps on your existing LS1208's.  In my experience with bridged PLX's, they didn't seem to perform up to my expectations (especially when the AC power is poor).  Try something like QSC PL380's at a minimum.

Jeff

I disagree. I think the 2502 is a great watt per dollar amp for many subs in the 2000'ish watt powerrange.. I've used them on quite a few diff subs with great results..  I could probably squeeze another 100 or 200 watts out of these boxes - but there is no efficient way to really do that. The amps are ridiculous amounts of money more than what I have into this. It wouldn't make sense.

3 TH118's are the correct height - as are 3 ls1208s... 2 db218's are not - and that is the main disqualifying point about them.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2011, 11:13:08 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.