Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Audio Measurement and Testing

Using Smaart to determine delays on a processor

<< < (4/4)

Martyn ferrit Rowe:
And when you shared this with me a long time ago a small fire started............. 8)

ferrit

Doug Fowler:

--- Quote from: Paul Tucci on December 01, 2011, 11:05:31 AM ---The point being that the same DSP exhibited different latency as measured by the Impulse Response of Smaart.
The full range signal showed a latency of 2.2 mSec, the low passed signal showed a latency of 7+ mSec.

How can that be?

...and so it all began...

PT

--- End quote ---

I use "auto delay" in ST class and sweep a low pass filter to demonstrate the effect.  It tends to get the uninitiated thinking in a different direction.

Jay Barracato:

--- Quote from: Paul Tucci on December 01, 2011, 11:05:31 AM ---The point being that the same DSP exhibited different latency as measured by the Impulse Response of Smaart.
The full range signal showed a latency of 2.2 mSec, the low passed signal showed a latency of 7+ mSec.

How can that be?

...and so it all began...

PT

--- End quote ---

So are you going to leave us guessing?

At 100hz my sabine navigator goes to 3.05 ms from 1.50 ms for the full range signal using the delay finder. It is a difference of 1.1 ms using the IR.

My best guess is that it is a function of the wavelength and the fact that the longer wavelengths vibrate slower.

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: Jay Barracato on December 02, 2011, 05:46:38 PM ---So are you going to leave us guessing?

--- End quote ---

It's probably just a phase he's going through.

Mac

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version