ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WFX/Live Sound 2011 compact line array shootout  (Read 4554 times)

Pablo Arredondo

WFX/Live Sound 2011 compact line array shootout
« on: November 11, 2011, 12:28:10 PM »

For those who also went...which system you liked the most? Mines...L-Acoustics Kara...the isp and worxaudio were also really good..the bose system was very clean, however, that box is not a compact line-array...the surprise of the shootout???...to me was the Sensay Electronics system...MSRP $16,000..and it really sounded good...most of the other systems were $35,000 to 50,000..

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
Re: WFX/Live Sound 2011 compact line array shootout
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 12:38:42 PM »

For those who also went...which system you liked the most? Mines...L-Acoustics Kara...the isp and worxaudio were also really good..the bose system was very clean, however, that box is not a compact line-array...the surprise of the shootout???...to me was the Sensay Electronics system...MSRP $16,000..and it really sounded good...most of the other systems were $35,000 to 50,000..
First, the thread will get locked quickly if you do not change the displayed name to be your real name.

I generally dislike 'shootouts' unless at least some reasonable attempt was made at making it as 'apples-to-apples' as possible.  This one seems more likely than most to perhaps be a less than ideal situation since a) it was billed as a demonstration and not a 'shootout' and b) it was supposed to be a compact speaker and not just compact line array demo.

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
Re: WFX/Live Sound 2011 compact line array shootout
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 12:46:04 PM »

Read the rules, fix your display name.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Do you have some relationship with Sensay Electronics?

Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
NOT a shootout / or a line array only event
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 12:24:18 AM »

First, this was a "Compact Solutions Listening DEMO" not a shootout. Second, it was not limited to line arrays only, but any speaker system that fell into a loosly defined term "compact". Danley showed a single SH96 w/ a TH118 and Nexo showed 2 GeoS12s over an RS18 sub. Both certainly not line arrays.

I'll start a post about the Demo.

Craig
I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

ProSoundWeb Community

NOT a shootout / or a line array only event
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 12:24:18 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.