ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WFX/Live Sound 2011 compact loudspeaker demo  (Read 3262 times)

Pablo Arredondo

WFX/Live Sound 2011 compact loudspeaker demo
« on: November 11, 2011, 02:21:34 pm »

LOL...I should of read the rules first..thanks guys..I stand corrected..it was not a shootout, and not only for line-arrays.. "Compact Loudspeaker Demo", I think it was billed as...all the systems sounded good, but to my ear, yes, the L-Acoustics...As I wrote before..I was suprised by Sensey Electronics...why, because I never knew there was a loudspeaker manufactuer from Mexico... I'm sure there are people who have worries about products from Mexico...First off let me say..I am Mexican-American ..I even have worries..(except for boots,they make the best boots in the world...lol)..but the Senseys sounded really good...disclamer...I'm not a sound tech..I'm the Minister of Music for my church...so take my view for what it's worth..lol..

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: WFX/Live Sound 2011 compact loudspeaker demo
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 05:22:43 pm »

I was not there-but from what I heard one of the most "odd" things was that the company with the largest loudspeakers was Bose.  Go figure.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Craig Leerman

• Spanning the Globe as a
  • Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 12:46:39 am »

I was not there-but from what I heard one of the most "odd" things was that the company with the largest loudspeakers was Bose.  Go figure.

Bose was showing their new Room Match system. Because it uses dual 10" and highs it fell into the "compact" definition, but yes, physically it was larger than most of the rigs there.
I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 12:25:05 pm »

Bose was showing their new Room Match system. Because it uses dual 10" and highs it fell into the "compact" definition, but yes, physically it was larger than most of the rigs there.

Oddly enough, at least 50% of the cabinet space in the Bose product was empty cabinet between the drivers and the grill. The physical box enclosing the drivers was quite thin in depth, although kind-of wide. It also sounded quite good. Easily on par with the other systems in the Demo.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 21 queries.