ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mixer for house system in small bar  (Read 8202 times)

duane massey

Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Alex Thompson

• Central Ohio Sound
Re: Mixer for house system in small bar
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2011, 12:31:06 AM »

I'm looking for a mixer/preamp for a small bar install. They are currently using a home stereo receiver and it is a sound nightmare. They have 4 Alesis passive studio monitors and 4 Polk ceiling speakers which is fine for the space for now. I plan to have them purchase a couple power amps that can power the speakers properly without distorting like the receiver does but I need advice on what to use to replace the preamp section of the receiver.
Needed inputs are:
1. RCA inputs for XM Radio
2. RCA inputs from Direct TV box for sports games
I'd also like to add a 3rd set of RCA jacks for an ipod hookup, and I would like to be able to have inputs from the matrix out of the Allen Heath GL2400 used by bands on Fri and Sat nights. The bar has 2 rooms one with the actual bar and the other has a stage and tables to sit down. Openings were made in the brick wall separating the two rooms but the sound doesn't really cross the opening. The PA system has been separate from the "house system" but it would be nice if they could work together as fills at a low volume.
I think the biggest requirements are that it be simple to use and not too expensive. Pretty much just needs to have a few source selections and a volume control. Budget is probably a couple hundred dollars and getting something used would be great.
I don't have much experience in selecting gear for install use and I'd appreciate any help on what to tell them to buy.

I've been very happy with any of the Yamaha MG series that I've owned, installed or sold to anyone.  I don't remember the exact model # but I had one that had 4 mic inputs 2 of the mic channels could also function as stereo inputs with 1/4" plugs and 2 stereo channels with RCA inputs.  You could set it up for 4 stereo RCA inputs + 2 mics with cheap 1/4" to RCA adapters from Radio Shack.

Alex Thompson
Joy Audio Visual, LLC
d.b.a. Central Ohio Sound
www.centralohiosound.com

MikeHarris

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 10:56:36 AM »

Inputs dont seem to be an issue as much as remote zone controls.
Are these zones stereo ?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 10:56:36 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.