ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EASE results???  (Read 2474 times)

Allen D

EASE results???
« on: November 07, 2011, 03:18:01 AM »

Hi all I am in the middle of trying to relocate our main speakers at Church and wondered if anyone can run my specs thru EASE to ensure me the proposed new locations are suitable and better then what we have now.

Please let me knw if you have the software and are willing to help me out and I'll provide you with the room and speaker info.

Thanks.

Tom Young

• Global Moderator
Re: EASE results???
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 06:26:02 AM »

Hi all I am in the middle of trying to relocate our main speakers at Church and wondered if anyone can run my specs thru EASE to ensure me the proposed new locations are suitable and better then what we have now.

Please let me knw if you have the software and are willing to help me out and I'll provide you with the room and speaker info.

Thanks.

Just to be clear: you're asking for this to be done for free ?
Tom Young
Electroacoustic Design Services
Oxford CT
203-888-6217

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: EASE results???
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 07:42:53 AM »

Just to be clear: you're asking for this to be done for free ?
I don't hink he realized how much skillled work this might entail (depending on the room-loudspeakers etc).

It is not a matter of "plugging in some numbers" and getting a result.

At least a partial room has to be built-loudspeakers positioned (we are assuming that the current loudspeakers are proper for the room) and then "played around with" to get the best coverage.

Depending on the particulars-this could take a day or more-or a lot more.

If the loudspeakers do no provide the correct coverage-then this is quite a bit harder and lots of decisions have to be made.

There is lots of free information that is shared on the internet forums-but specific jobs that people charge $150/hr and up for, are not usually done for free.

And then who is responsible if the results in the room are not what was expected?  The guy who gave out the free advice?

This is a job best left up to somebody who is paid for the result and will be responsible for said result.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber