ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smaart 7 IR windowing?  (Read 5226 times)

Alfredo Prada

Smaart 7 IR windowing?
« on: November 06, 2011, 11:41:24 PM »

Hello, Everyone

I was zooming in on the top IR (Impulse response mode) of a wave file and I noticed the Frequency response graph changed, just like windowing on the IR, is this a hidden feature? I have not seen any information on this and it appears to be not fully implemented as far as I can tell, has anyone noticed this?

Paul Tucci

• SR Forums
Re: Smaart 7 IR windowing?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 10:03:55 AM »

It only makes sense that the two dispalys are related. Changing the open window to see a different part of the waveform should yield a different response in the frequency domain.

PT

Curtis H List (Too Tall)

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 08:24:35 PM »

It only makes sense that the two dispalys are related. Changing the open window to see a different part of the waveform should yield a different response in the frequency domain.

PT

You would think they would isolate the picture of what you are seeing from where it sets the window gate.
Hidden feature indeed!
In Praxis I have a tab for "Time" that controls how much of the time line you see.
There is another tab labeled "Window" that controls where the left and right windows are placed.

I think you ran into some kind of shortcut or you hit a button by mistake.
I hate it when that happens.

Through the years I was not very happy with what the people selling Smarrt thought was important.
I must say that with the new people running the company many of the features that I complained about have been addressed.
More and more it has the features I demanded showing a much different attitude about what was important.
Hats off to the people over at Rational Acoustics!

Arthur Skudra

• SR Forums
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 10:19:48 PM »

Hello, Everyone

I was zooming in on the top IR (Impulse response mode) of a wave file and I noticed the Frequency response graph changed, just like windowing on the IR, is this a hidden feature? I have not seen any information on this and it appears to be not fully implemented as far as I can tell, has anyone noticed this?
It's been there for a long time.  Maybe not promoted as much until more work is done in the IR window of Smaart 7.  This feature is really handy to figure out the frequency response of reflections and other anomolies in the impulse response.  Think of it this way, when you are looking at the transfer function, it's a windowed response wherever your time delay is set at on the impulse response curve.  FPPO and MTW vary the size of this window according to frequency, with larger windows at the lower frequencies, and smaller windows at the high frequencies.  When you zoom in on an impulse response curve in the IR window, you are looking at a fixed size FFT window dependant on how much of the IR curve you zoomed in on.  What's really cool is to play around with the IR/Spectragraph windows simultaneously, while looking at octave band filtering, you get a sense of the acoustical response in a room.  All doable right now in 7.3.

Hopefully we will see a lot more acoustical measures in the IR window in an upcoming Smaart 7 release.  There's a reason why the side bar is sparse of controls for now!   ;)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 10:19:48 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 24 queries.