ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MAC 350 Entour  (Read 4857 times)

Steven Cohen

MAC 350 Entour
« on: November 04, 2011, 05:48:16 PM »

Hello,

I am seriously considering the Martin MAC 350 Entour. On paper, this fixture seems to fit my needs for a 20'- 30' throw, low maintenance fixture.
Just was wondering if anyone has used one? Thanks Steve

Neil Juneja

• Muvment Lighting
Re: MAC 350 Entour
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 03:02:31 PM »

Very small and low heat.  Great little fixture.  Way bright (almost a 575w in intensity).  Way better than a 250w fixture & has an iris.

Downside - has a color wheel, no CMY.  No prism or effects wheel.  Also, the external gobo door breaks easily and is a real problem to repair.  Don't hit the fixture on that side of the head.

I like them a lot and I can fit 5 in a case (where only two 575w fixtures or three 250w fixtures would fit).  But they don't suffice when I require color mixing.

Hello,

I am seriously considering the Martin MAC 350 Entour. On paper, this fixture seems to fit my needs for a 20'- 30' throw, low maintenance fixture.
Just was wondering if anyone has used one? Thanks Steve

Steven Cohen

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 08:41:04 AM »

Thanks Neil for posting your experiences,

These fixtures will be in an install and will not be moved around much, if at all, so I do not need to worry about the external gobo door breaking.

I am used to working without color mixing, but it would sure be nice to have.

I just noticed the new TecnoSpots from High End. They say they are affordable and should be priced in the same ball park as the MAC 350 Entour. It is brighter, has a wider zoom ratio, CMY mixing, and a prism. I am going to call and find out about pricing and availability, Steve

Very small and low heat.  Great little fixture.  Way bright (almost a 575w in intensity).  Way better than a 250w fixture & has an iris.

Downside - has a color wheel, no CMY.  No prism or effects wheel.  Also, the external gobo door breaks easily and is a real problem to repair.  Don't hit the fixture on that side of the head.

I like them a lot and I can fit 5 in a case (where only two 575w fixtures or three 250w fixtures would fit).  But they don't suffice when I require color mixing.

Jeffhtg (Jeff Kenney)

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 11:49:55 AM »

Thanks Neil for posting your experiences,

These fixtures will be in an install and will not be moved around much, if at all, so I do not need to worry about the external gobo door breaking.

I am used to working without color mixing, but it would sure be nice to have.

I just noticed the new TecnoSpots from High End. They say they are affordable and should be priced in the same ball park as the MAC 350 Entour. It is brighter, has a wider zoom ratio, CMY mixing, and a prism. I am going to call and find out about pricing and availability, Steve

The technospot is a 750hour lamp - the 350 is a LED fixture.. two entirely different worlds. If you are looking for extremely low maintenance.. you probably should be looking at LED.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 11:49:55 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.238 seconds with 22 queries.