ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: system set up  (Read 10609 times)

chris Wesley

Re: system set up
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 12:46:11 PM »

can you provide us with the brand and model of the speakers , brand and model of the amp , brand and model of the crossover so we can further help you. there are so many different 18's and mid horn combos and without having more info its impossible to give advice. what is the system goimg to be used for ? where is it going to be installed ? how big is the room or building ? how many people will this be for ?

i have 2 cerwin vega b-36,2 yorkville yx12, 1 behringer ep2000 as well as a art cx310 crossover

i do have everything running off of this 1 amp and it does sound good but think it could sound better

i am a mobile dj doing various parties and weddings in various size venues

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 06:59:18 PM »

i have 2 cerwin vega b-36,2 yorkville yx12, 1 behringer ep2000 as well as a art cx310 crossover

i do have everything running off of this 1 amp and it does sound good but think it could sound better
Are you running both subs off one channel of the amp and both mains off the other channel?

Since the application is DJ and mobile, the Installed Sound/Contracting forum is probably not the best place for this discussion, you might get more response in either the LAB Lounge or the DJ Forum.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2012, 07:37:20 PM »

Part of the problem is with us having to 'PULL" any information from you.  YOU need to provide information in order to get any real help.

For example" Exactly how do you have the crossover setup-ie the exact setting of each switch and knob.

Right now we have absolutely no idea why you don't like your sound.  It could be simply that your crossover is messed up.

How is the system wired? 

Have you checked the cables for proper polarity?

Do you have an EQ in the system?

How is your mixer setup? ie control wise?  What is it?

Until you start to provide useful information-you are not likely to get any real help.

BTW (as pointed out earlier) it would really help if you used proper punctuation-capitalization etc in your posts.  It would make you appear to be-well less-you know.

As said many times  before-help us help you.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

chris Wesley

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2012, 12:34:47 AM »

Part of the problem is with us having to 'PULL" any information from you.  YOU need to provide information in order to get any real help.

For example" Exactly how do you have the crossover setup-ie the exact setting of each switch and knob.

Right now we have absolutely no idea why you don't like your sound.  It could be simply that your crossover is messed up.

How is the system wired? 

Have you checked the cables for proper polarity?

Do you have an EQ in the system?

How is your mixer setup? ie control wise?  What is it?

Until you start to provide useful information-you are not likely to get any real help.

BTW (as pointed out earlier) it would really help if you used proper punctuation-capitalization etc in your posts.  It would make you appear to be-well less-you know.

As said many times  before-help us help you.

less you know.... no i dont and dont really care how i spell things as long as you get the point so i really dont think it matters if i use a capital I or i i have found a much better forum where i am not judged by my punctuation but am just given straight answers to my questions i think i was pretty clear in my first few messages about what to have in a BASIC amp rack without all the jackass comments and remarks i think u could have pointed me in the right direction or if i was in the wrong forum.

if u are some kind of professional with what i described u should have know what i was asking or looking for

i wonder how the admin. of this site feel havin u bully newbies if i was them i wouldnt want u on my site thats for sure

thank you every1 else for your help

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2012, 11:15:39 AM »

i wonder how the admin. of this site feel havin u bully newbies if i was them i wouldnt want u on my site thats for sure

The admin thinks that if you want to be treated like a professional you should act like one. That includes writing and communicating like an adult.

Mac

Tracy Garner

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2012, 09:54:43 AM »

just looking for some info i have 2 subs and 2 mid ranges and am wondering what the best set up would b

i have a 2000 watt amp with a cross over and wondering if i should add an eq or a maximizer of some sort to get the best sound

First impressions go a long way and...

Admins? Is this why DJs get such a bad rap (no pun intended) around here?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2012, 09:54:43 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.