ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Multichannel parade audio system  (Read 15477 times)

Patrick Tracy

• SR Forums
  • Boulder, CO, USA
    • Boulder Sound Guy
Re: Multichannel parade audio system
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 01:58:38 PM »

It probably was not smpte time code since this is digital and not transmittable over radios.

SMPTE VITC is part of a video signal and would probably have to be transmitted like any other video, but I bet you could transmit SMPTE LTC over a walkie-talkie.

David Buckley

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 02:58:32 PM »

...but I bet you could transmit SMPTE LTC over a walkie-talkie.
Yeah, I should have been more specific; LTC.  Vitzee is only bandied about when the video boys get involved.

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2011, 03:28:44 PM »

SMPTE VITC is part of a video signal and would probably have to be transmitted like any other video, but I bet you could transmit SMPTE LTC over a walkie-talkie.

I suspect it can't, unless SMPTE LTC requires significantly less audio bandwidth than typical SMPTE time code which requires about 10kHz. This is substantially more than two-way radio audio bandwidth of 3kHz.
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Aaron Watson

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2011, 03:07:21 PM »

Aaron, what are you actually asking?  Are you asking about the content creation, the content playback, the content delivery, the reinforcement systems or all of these?

What is your role?  Are you an organizer of the event, a participant, a content creator, someone being paid to design or install the system?
Sorry for my lateness. Was in England with little wifi. These are all brilliant answers, folks. Thank you all Very much for your input on this.

I can create all the musical content that goes into the multiple tracks and how the need to be musically aligned. I've been trying to learn about how to achieve the perfect playback and delivery of these parade tracks for smaller venues.

Thanks again for the brilliant input and photos on the subject. I have a feeling this thread will be useful for some time to people looking for these answers as they are very difficult to find. I used to perform in parades at disney and universal and I can tell you that No One every really knows how the parade works. They all think it's from, and I quote, "a big computer somewhere", and that's it. Magic big computer. When was the last time you actually saw "a big computer", hahaha.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2011, 03:07:21 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 24 queries.