ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DM1000 and Studio Manager  (Read 4797 times)

Geoff Doane

• Halifax, NS
DM1000 and Studio Manager
« on: November 23, 2011, 05:13:00 PM »

I'm trying to save a show on a Yamaha DM1000 console.  I found this promising thread from 3 years ago,

http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,110345.msg1029958.html#msg1029958

but there seem to be some inconsistencies with my hardware.  Perhaps Mac's instructions were specific to the DM2000.

The MIDI/HOST tab on the console has no PC/MAC option. Studio Manager is set to USB under Special Functions.

In Studio Manager on the XP PC, there are no MIDI ports available under MIDI ports in the setup page.

I have the current version of Studio Manager on the PC, and USB driver was downloaded today.  AFAICT, the console is running DM1000V2, v2.2

Any enlightenment is appreciated.

GTD

Weogo Reed

• Western NC,
    • LiveEdge
Re: DM1000 and Studio Manager
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 11:06:18 PM »

Hi Geoff,

To clarify, you are not able to connect to the DM1000 with Studio Manager and the DM1000 Editor, correct?
And you don't have any available MIDI ports, and are using Windows XP?

XP has a 10 MIDI port limitation.
I believe what you need to do is free up some MIDI connections.
Every time you plug the USB cable from the DM1000 in to a different USB port on your computer, XP uses up another MIDI port.
Always plug the DM1000 and any other USB/MIDI devices, in the same USB port.

I followed these directions and they work fine for clearing out extra, un-needed MIDI ports:
 http://www.eqmag.com/article/fixing-windows-xp/aug-07/30616

After you have some free MIDI connections available, un-install DM1000 Editor, Studio Manager and the USB~MIDI driver.
Make sure you have software available that is compatible with the firmware version of the DM1000.
Connect the DM1000 to the computer and install the USB~MIDI driver.
Then Studio Manager and DM1000 Editor.
Hope this helps!

Thanks and good health,  Weogo

I'm trying to save a show on a Yamaha DM1000 console.  I found this promising thread from 3 years ago,

http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,110345.msg1029958.html#msg1029958

but there seem to be some inconsistencies with my hardware.  Perhaps Mac's instructions were specific to the DM2000.

The MIDI/HOST tab on the console has no PC/MAC option. Studio Manager is set to USB under Special Functions.

In Studio Manager on the XP PC, there are no MIDI ports available under MIDI ports in the setup page.

I have the current version of Studio Manager on the PC, and USB driver was downloaded today.  AFAICT, the console is running DM1000V2, v2.2

Any enlightenment is appreciated.

GTD

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 09:55:28 AM »

Have you installed the Midi Driver from Yamaha specific for the unit?
There is one for USB and one for Ethernet.
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Geoff Doane

• Halifax, NS
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 09:08:33 PM »

Thanks for the input guys.  This console is at my day job, not my own, so I'm only an occasional user, and I haven't been able to get back to it.

I'm pretty sure the laptop (my own XP machine) has never used any MIDI connections in the past, they just don't show up in teh table like they do in Yamaha's example.  I believe the correct MIDI driver was installed, but I will check that and maybe try a fresh install of everything.
Weogo, I'll check the link you mentioned.

GTD

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 09:08:33 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.