ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help /suggestions with my XTI settings please  (Read 2250 times)

Bill Nolan Jr

help /suggestions with my XTI settings please
« on: October 26, 2011, 12:05:38 AM »

Yes Im new at this so I am sorry in advance if this is all boring but I need to start somewhere. Anyway I have two Harbinger HX118 Subs that I place together at one side of the stage, I run my amp in bridge mode and feed each sub 1000 watts each, I use input Y. Also I am Aux feeding these subs from the board so they are independant from the mains. They sound plenty loud enough for the small bars etc that we play however there not really tight, and I want to get some ideas of how to set my eq in the xti? Is it better to use a tight q or go wider to affect nearby frequencies do I need to use alot of the eq or just a few/ And there are two eqs in the xti the in eq and the out eq, which is more important is the subsynth worth using? I have been trying to bring up the 42 and 63 hz  just cant figure what frequencies to manipulate to get this setup more punchy then boomy ! I have the crossover set in the xti at 40 and 100 and have butterworth 24 slope on each end, is 48 better or 18? I just want a good starting point and some suggestions as to get the best sound I can get, I do also have a dbx 166xl comp on the kick and the mic is a beta 52 by shure if that helps at all, How about the eq on the board strip? Leave it alone or use it? Any and all help is grely apreciated, Thanks Guys!

ProSoundWeb Community

help /suggestions with my XTI settings please
« on: October 26, 2011, 12:05:38 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 24 queries.