ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crown XTI DSP question  (Read 3380 times)

Bill Nolan Jr

Crown XTI DSP question
« on: October 24, 2011, 03:49:25 PM »

Hello all, Im new here. Anyway, I use a Crown XTI 2000 Bridged to run two subwoofers 18 inch, In the dsp section there is a polarity button of + and  minus in the crossover section, engaging this either positive or negative seems to have no affect at all on the sound? what is this suposed to do? Also Im not sure how to use the delay feature or even if I need to at all? my understanding is it helps people in the back of the room hear the sound better? or do you set this as to how far the subs are from the mains? Thanks

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: Crown XTI DSP question
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 08:03:25 PM »

Hello all, Im new here. Anyway, I use a Crown XTI 2000 Bridged to run two subwoofers 18 inch, In the dsp section there is a polarity button of + and  minus in the crossover section, engaging this either positive or negative seems to have no affect at all on the sound? what is this suposed to do? Also Im not sure how to use the delay feature or even if I need to at all? my understanding is it helps people in the back of the room hear the sound better? or do you set this as to how far the subs are from the mains? Thanks
The only time you will hear a difference when flipping the polarity is when you have a system with different amps with possible different "hot" inputs, or around the area of crossover between the subs and the mains.

A properly aligned system will have a positive addition between the subs and the mains.  This involves proper polarity (note-this may or may not be "in" polarity of both passbands), proper delay, proper crossover slope and type and proper eq.

Setting the delay time is not an easy thing to do.  Generally you can only set the delay for one setting position.  It is also not a simple matter of physical distance between the subs and the mains-and which one to delay.  As you change crossover freq, slope etc, the "proper" delay time will also change.

Delay in and of itself is going to do nothing to help people in the back hear.  If you have delay loudspeakers, then yes, if set properly it cna help.  But you can't do anything with delay from the front to help the seats in the back.

There have been lots of threads regarding setting proper delay between mains and subs.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Crown XTI DSP question
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 08:03:25 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.