ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: good subs for Bag end TA12-jr?  (Read 8193 times)

patrick rodriguez

good subs for Bag end TA12-jr?
« on: January 20, 2010, 07:24:54 PM »

hey!  got a pair of really nice sounding speakers bagend ta12-jr.  tiny but surprisingly good for small venues... just need some low end.  I got them tested and everything below 100hz doesn't exist... any suggestions would be appreciated
here the relevant info:

Sensitivity: 101dB 1 watt/1 meter

Enclosure Tuning: 75 Hz

Power Handling:
150 Watts continuous sine wave
600 Watts instantaneous peak

Impedance: 8 ohms full range

Tim Weaver

• http://www.weaverimaging.com
Re: good subs for Bag end TA12-jr?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 10:34:19 PM »

Do they have tripod cups? If so an EV sb2A is an obvious choice. It is a powered sub, but with an extra amp channel to drive a top cabinet. Stick a pole in the sub and it serves as the base then stick your bagend on top. 350W for the sub and 350W for the top. Makes a nice tiny package.

They are not cheap, however.....

patrick rodriguez

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 09:50:39 PM »

thanx for the info - your right about the sb2a's being $$... but an elegant solution for some.  i already have have a couple of qsc rmx 1450's though.   the ev sb122 seems to be the non powered version, and for @ $320 seems to pretty reasonable.  The only thing is I'm bit biased against plastic enclusures....

patrick rodriguez

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 10:07:34 PM »

Love the search function... these look pretty good too ( for less money and better looking):
http://www.directproaudio.com/product.cfm?directid=53688

does anyone have experience w/ these?

Tim Charpentier

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 11:25:20 PM »

patrick rodriguez wrote on Thu, 21 January 2010 21:50

thanx for the info - your right about the sb2a's being $$... but an elegant solution for some.  i already have have a couple of qsc rmx 1450's though.   the ev sb122 seems to be the non powered version, and for @ $320 seems to pretty reasonable.  The only thing is I'm bit biased against plastic enclusures....

I have an EV sb122 if you're interested in giving it a shot. It's not boomy, so it doesn't fit my business (mostly rentals to DJ's).

john abney

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 02:01:55 AM »

A really useful match (at least with the Bag End TA2000s - a higher power-handling successor to the TA12s) would be a couple of Bag End Infra subs http://www.bagend.com/ such as the D12E along with an ELF crossover. The ELF patents have expired, so now at least one other company (an Aussie kit manufacturer - though I can't recall the name) offers something similar. But if you can swing the price, the Bag End crossover is expressly designed for the Bag End product line.

best,

john
jabney gets mentioned at www.thecodes.net

patrick rodriguez

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 05:45:18 PM »

lots of useful information... so thanx to everyone.   I like the idea of the bag end d12e... it would look good too, like a column array, especially if I got two.  but i could probably swing one for now, try to ebay the elf processor and then add another one later....
Of course i also have to decide if i want to enlarge the system later.   Like i was thinking, maybe a pair of YK UCS1s?  and then moving up to bigger mains as money permits... Just a thought...

patrick rodriguez

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 10:35:27 PM »

hi guys... returning to an old topic... still looking for a decent sub to match my bag ends... any ideas on wattage and bang for buck? thanx
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.