ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Behringer MX2442A mixer  (Read 6745 times)

John Mullen

Behringer MX2442A mixer
« on: February 20, 2011, 11:17:09 PM »

Hello
     I realize this is not a high end mixer, but are any of the members familiar with this unit. I recently picked one up,and need some help figuring it out. Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks
                        John

Dan Johnson

Re: Behringer MX2442A mixer
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 01:00:11 AM »

Some specific questions would be helpful.  I had one years ago.  Many members on here could probably answer most of your questions without having used or even seen the console before.

John Mullen

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 09:08:25 AM »

Hello Dan
            Many thanks for the reply to my inquiry. What I would like to know is (1) How do I hook up an external effects unit, ( delay, echo, reverb etc ) . ( 2 ) What is the propper way to hook up external monitors. ( live sound application). Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
                       John

Scott Smith

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 10:47:48 AM »

The "trick" with my old Behringer mixer was knowing exactly where to hit it when the channels got intermittant... (seriously) .. Cool
"Percussive Maintenance" - Bang on it until it works!
Scott Smith, South Florida - MIXING OLD SCHOOL WITH NEW

Chris Hindle

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 11:47:50 AM »

Scott Smith wrote on Mon, 21 February 2011 10:47

The "trick" with my old Behringer mixer was knowing exactly where to hit it when the channels got intermittant... (seriously) .. Cool

Not just Behr...
I had a TDM that did that a few times. Opened it up one day, and the Low Out socket was not soldered to the PCB !
At least it was only a 5 minute fix. Guess that's why I got it for such a low price... Would have been nice to be told it was intermittent though.
Wonder how many acts got stiffed by this before I got my hands on it. Bought it from a PA Hire company. It was not new.
"Ya, whatever. Just stick a '57 on it, and get off the stage"
Chris.

Jerry Burns

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 12:44:45 PM »

I had one and when it quite working nobody could fix it. Gave it away. Mine had effects built in, I used to like them. The normal way to run effects is to take an aux out and send it to your effects unit then return it to a channel. Good luck with Behringer Equipment. Jerry

Mike McNany

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 01:58:04 PM »

Had one for several years, it served us well in two bands. Still have a manual somewhere. If you haven't yet, go to the www.behringer.com websie and do a serch for the MX2442A manual. They used to have it listed.

Any specific questions, ask away and I'll try to answer it.

Although you MAY want to repost this in the NEW forums because this one is going away FAST.

Mike McNany
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.