Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Subwoofer FUD Forum Archive

Blown drivers in Danley SM60F

<< < (2/4) > >>

Ivan Beaver:
Tim Padrick wrote on Tue, 08 February 2011 00:59
I've been told of instances where amps oscillated when playing, but were fine when idling.  One instance was cured when the speaker cable was removed from metal conduit and hung from same by tie line.

Those are the real hard ones to trace down.  I haven't had an amp oscillate like that, but have had plenty of other weird buzzes/noises etc caused by seemily very little things-but when they rear their ugly head you have problems.

Sometimes they can be quite hard to find/track down.
And it is rarely the part that is "bad" that is the problem-but rather something else that is causing the problem.

leon garrity:
It is absolutley beyond a joke..........another blown horn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new laptop.
lower power from fp3400  mls -2 which gives the SM60f a maximum of 1300 watts at 4ohms.........it was run nowhere near maximum!!!!!!!! in case i was pushing them too hard!

The horn recess was clean of all debris from previous blown driver,the rig was kept down in volume but still a driver has yet again gone........My conclusion is that these boxes can not do the job,they can not take the power.Maybe for home cinema or hi fi at home but for PA use,i have used systems before from EAW to turbosound to D&B and i have never blown any driver in any box this is now 8 drivers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not me just having a rant but fact over

Ivan Beaver:
leon garrity wrote on Sat, 12 February 2011 20:30
It is absolutley beyond a joke..........another blown horn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new laptop.
lower power from fp3400  mls -2 which gives the SM60f a maximum of 1300 watts at 4ohms.........it was run nowhere near maximum!!!!!!!! in case i was pushing them too hard!

The horn recess was clean of all debris from previous blown driver,the rig was kept down in volume but still a driver has yet again gone........My conclusion is that these boxes can not do the job,they can not take the power.Maybe for home cinema or hi fi at home but for PA use,i have used systems before from EAW to turbosound to D&B and i have never blown any driver in any box this is now 8 drivers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not me just having a rant but fact over

leon garrity:
Hi Ivan,

Ive done everything over this from changing crossover,desk,cables,reduced power,so the only thing it can be is crossover boards.I understand that you have faith in your product but something is ar rye here.I am currently going to order some bigger Danley tops for my theatre work..maybe SH69...

Would you be able to ask your colleagues at Danley if they would consider sending new boards,the 4000 miles away makes it difficult to bring them for servicing.I have full faith in the quality of your product but i cant replace horns week upon weeks.

please let me know if my request is ok.

kindest reguards Leon

Ivan Beaver:
leon garrity wrote on Sun, 13 February 2011 07:38
Hi Ivan,

Ive done everything over this from changing crossover,desk,cables,reduced power,so the only thing it can be is crossover boards.I understand that you have faith in your product but something is ar rye here.I am currently going to order some bigger Danley tops for my theatre work..maybe SH69...

Would you be able to ask your colleagues at Danley if they would consider sending new boards,the 4000 miles away makes it difficult to bring them for servicing.I have full faith in the quality of your product but i cant replace horns week upon weeks.

please let me know if my request is ok.

kindest reguards Leon

You need to go through the proper channels for this.  Contact Jefff@danleysoundlabs.com regarding replacement parts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version