ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WTB: Spansets  (Read 2453 times)

Bryan S

WTB: Spansets
« on: February 05, 2011, 01:31:15 PM »

Looking for some used cheap endless spansets, can be metal core or cloth.

Ken Freeman

Re: WTB: Spansets
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 09:24:53 PM »

Happy tio square you up, but only with NEW product.  We track every spanset on every job and then toss them for good measure after 100 shows.  I would never buy a second hand one, but as a result, get great pricing on new ones PM me with how many and long you need them.

Ken

danfowler

Re: WTB: Spansets
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 11:09:36 PM »

Hey Bryan,
Ken is right. They have a fairly short life-cycle. The failure of one can be devastating.

We put carabiners on some older ones and use them for tie-backs or strain reliefs.
Most I donate to my local wrecker buddy or my 4x4 friends when their "time" is up.
They all have serial numbers and we track and records are kept on their entire life span.

I've replaced almost all my poly core with the new SteelTex steel core.

I've watched them do failure testing  on both types at the SpanSet facility here in town. It's about 2 miles from my shop. They are fantastic people.
The poly core slings just go "pop" and the mandrels continue apart, the SteelTex put up a mean fight and go down swinging.

Only about half the diameter of the round sling does most of the work, the remainder of the material in the load radius is in compression and is unable to carry load. I think the little 1/16" steel wires in the SteelTex sling flatten a good bit and put more material to work because the sling gets pretty wide when the tension hits it in those tests.

VERY impressive to watch that pressure gauge go to 20,000 lbs. and that round sling
hold that force in check. Thats almost 4x what it's rated at!

I'm a SpanSet dealer. PM me. I can get you what you need on the down-low.
When you see them build them, you know who to trust................

Dan 0;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 17 queries.