ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New subwoofer help.  (Read 4641 times)

Liam Flaherty

New subwoofer help.
« on: January 31, 2011, 01:04:55 PM »

Having just recently purchased a pair of RCF 422a's (which I'm very pleased with), I'm looking to add a sub to the system.

Whilst deciding what speakers to go for when I bought the RCFs, there were several factors that had to be taken into consideration. The PA is for a Scottish ceilidh band, so running vox, violin, ac. guitar, piano, bass and drums through the system. As a reasonably experienced engineer outwith the band, I would have loved to go down the route of nice passive tops and amps but unfortunately, I can't always be at the bands gigs which means much less experienced members of the band have to set up the PA. This meant I had to go down the active speaker route simply for ease of use. Therefore, I am also looking at an active sub. I have a budget of around

Bob Kenton

Re: New subwoofer help.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 11:36:35 AM »

Hello and welcome to the forums. Not a lot of traffic on these forums anymore due to the changes, thats probably why your not getting any replies.

Why not stay RCF? Art 705as, 902as and 905as would probably be great choices to match your new tops.

Kevin Esprella

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 12:28:10 AM »

Bob Kenton wrote on Tue, 01 February 2011 10:36

Hello and welcome to the forums. Not a lot of traffic on these forums anymore due to the changes, thats probably why your not getting any replies.

Why not stay RCF? Art 705as, 902as and 905as would probably be great choices to match your new tops.

I don't mean to side track but why has there been the changes that have drive people away?

Tim Weaver

• http://www.weaverimaging.com
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 12:52:11 AM »

Nothing bad. The owners of the site are moving it to a new URL and combining some other forums under one roof.

http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php#c1

It's been a bit of a handful for the admins to keep track of 3 different forums with 3 different registry data bases. Plus this software is kinda at the end of it's life cycle. You just happen to have registered right as the change is taking place. This site will shut down at the end of the month and be archived in a read-only section over at the new site.

Tim Weaver

• http://www.weaverimaging.com
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 12:56:02 AM »

Also, I should say many members of this site are laying back while the transition takes place. After the new site is fully operational I expect it to back to full on party-pants mode.

We also are having a bit of a bad winter storm across most of the US and some members may be without power or internet right now.

Welcome to the forums, and be sure to register again on the new site. Same rules apply, must use full name, etc.....

George Friedman-Jimenez

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 09:25:33 AM »

Also the new site devotes much more of the screen area to sponsor advertising and much less to the forum messages, which makes browsing the forum much less pleasant. We shall see how effective the search function will be for archived threads.

Nathan DePaulo

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 11:47:26 AM »

If you're looking for solid alternatives to the RCF a couple of powered subs that I see getting a lot of praise are the QSC KW181 & Yorkville LS801P.  Of course i don't know their European availability, but I suspect they could be found.

The KW181 has a very good & musical sound, is pretty compact & fairly light for a sub.  It also has a 6 year warranty. It's a painted finish & looks very nice as well.

The LS801P is bigger & heavier but also louder.  It's a little boomy sound, but that can be EQ'd out.  I've had the previous model for 7 years, and I've mistreated it like I found it cheating on me, and it's still kickin' strong.  It also comes with a 2 year "even if you break it" warranty.  Which I defy you be able to use. Er, disclaimer, warranty might be different in your part of the world.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 17 queries.