ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing the compression drivers in the JBL MRX525 cabs  (Read 37250 times)

Travis Valois

Re: More than just "watts".
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2011, 05:46:04 PM »

I'm really getting sick of hearing ppl complaining about how easy it is to blow these drivers, as well as the JBL 2412 drivers.  

I sold a couple of JRX cabs to a friend of mine to be used for DJ purposes. You know what?

Over 4 years now, one hf failure due to an intermittent speaker cable damaged by cleaning staff. These cabs are used to their limits every Fri and Sat at the same club, 52 weeks a year, plus other events that they may be used at in between.

I also have installed JRX 115i in several "budget" installs in town (mostly high school gymnasiums) and no hf failures over more than 3 years.

Are the 2408 and 2412 top notch drivers? Nope. Not by a long shot. But used within their limits they work ok and fulfill their purpose.

Ivan Beaver

« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2011, 07:46:48 PM »

Travis Valois wrote on Wed, 19 January 2011 17:46

. But used within their limits they work ok and fulfill their purpose.

THAT is the whole crux of the matter.

It is the people who want a system to do more than it is designed for and tear it up-THOSE are the ones that are having problems.

They want to take the cheap way out and expect top level performance.  There is a reason that some products cost more-and it is not just because the manufacturers want to charge more.
For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs

Richard Stringer

« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2011, 07:59:47 PM »

Well we live and learn, simple as, and I think my mate Rob has learned not to push his system to the limits unless he know it can take it. Anyway thanks for your helps guys. And to the guys slating dj's, jeez, chill out, not all dj's are assholes, I know i'm not.

Dick Rees

« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2011, 08:13:36 PM »

Richard Stringer wrote on Wed, 19 January 2011 18:59

Well we live and learn, simple as, and I think my mate Rob has learned not to push his system to the limits unless he know it can take it. Anyway thanks for your helps guys. And to the guys slating dj's, jeez, chill out, not all dj's are assholes, I know i'm not.

Nobody said you guys were assholes.  DJ's are well known for blowing shit up.  You just happen to fit that to a "T".....at the moment.  Hopefully the information you have gotten here will help you get past the "audio demolition" stage.

Neo-Luddite, Rocket Surgeon
"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

Ivan Beaver

« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2011, 09:27:44 PM »

Richard Stringer wrote on Wed, 19 January 2011 19:59

So I guess my suggestion of turning it down is making sense now Rolling Eyes
For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs

Glenn Williams

« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2011, 10:45:52 PM »

Richard Stringer wrote on Tue, 18 January 2011 06:04

What are you on about DJ Teknovibe for? That's me, i'm DJ Teknovibe, my name's Richard Stringer, you have to put your real name on this forum so I put my real name, Richard Stringer. Have a look at my login name if you can, you'll see it's DJ Teknovibe, it has been since I joined, nothing new there, i'm not trying to scam anyone.I don't know those other people are but I can assure you, i'm not them, i'm Richard Stringer, from Boston in Lincolnshire, check me out if you want. Yes i'm other forums too but is that a bad thing? No, am I on other forums or this under several names, no i'm not, I don't need to be, people only need one name.

I've told a few people in my town about this site because it's a great source of info and you guys have a wealth of knowledge, i'm sorry if I wasn't supposed to tell people about this forum, I thought this forum was here to help ANY people who need help. If i'm not welcome on this forum then tell me and i'll not come on here anymore, i'm sorry if i've said anything that offended anyone.

No but having aliases on this forum is a not permisable...Jack Smith, david smith, Rob jackson?

Your ballistic rebutals are infamous all over the web. The tirade on DJ Chat got you booted as Teknovibe and Bobjones1888. They always take the same tone. The Bobjones1888 tirade a while ago, and Rob jackson tirade above got you booted off Live Sound and Production on HC very recently.

Your phraseology in all of your incarnations is never more similar than when you are spewing profanity and claiming that you have Turrets Syndrome and Apergers Disease that causes it.
You always play that Karate threat card and come off looking childish with your threat. Were you going to punch the guy through his laptop screen? Laughing

The mods have all been informed across internet.
In short there are alot of people that are onto you.
ISP addys are easily checked. Cool

Doug Fowler

Busted
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2011, 12:57:28 PM »

It seems Richard Stringer, jack smith and david smith post from the same IP address.

So long....

index.php/fa/34820/0/

-doug, PSW moderator

edit: thread locked
"It's got electrolytes.  It's got what plants crave."

Art Welter

Re: Busted
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2011, 01:16:15 PM »

Doug Fowler wrote on Thu, 20 January 2011 10:57

It seems Richard Stringer, jack smith and david smith post from the same IP address.

So long....

index.php/fa/34820/0/

-doug, PSW moderator

Of course they do, they are all flat mates Laughing  Laughing .
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.