ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forums running Sllooowww?  (Read 22551 times)

Dick Rees

Re: Forums running Sllooowww?
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 09:12:14 PM »

Daisy.....Daisy.....give me your answer......do........

Sad  Sad  Sad  
 Neo-Luddite, Rocket Surgeon
"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

Scott Raymond

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 09:13:28 PM »

Dick Rees wrote on Mon, 10 January 2011 18:47

The fact that all other sections of the PSW site respond in a short time and the "old" Forums take 1/2 to 1 minute to load a page makes me think the worst.

I hope it's just temporary growing pains... and not going down yet.  Not sure where we could go when this place "flatlines."  Twisted Evil  I wasn't around for a while because of some negative vibe and missed it enough to come back.  A Barking Dog has been gone for a year and the forums before that so that hangout is no more.  And so much info and exchanges here headed for a black hole.

Scott

Rob Timmerman

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2011, 09:15:56 PM »

If I had to guess, I'd say they've moved some of the servers over to the new forums.

Jason Lavoie

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2011, 10:35:16 PM »

Evan Kirkendall wrote on Mon, 10 January 2011 17:28

Anyone else experiencing this? Takes a few seconds to load anything, and it's been that way for a few hours now. All my other web pages load as normal...

Evan

it could be due to someone (or many people) data mining to preserve the posts..
or worse, they might be slowing it down intentionally to prevent exactly that.

who knows?

Jason

Pascal Pincosy

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2011, 11:38:53 PM »

Rob Timmerman wrote on Mon, 10 January 2011 18:15

If I had to guess, I'd say they've moved some of the servers over to the new forums.

I would suggest that what's currently taking place on the LAB is intentional sabotage if not for Hanlon's Razor. The way the situation is being handled by the power's that be seem deliberately designed to piss money into the wind and destroy one of the biggest boons to the Pro Audio world in existence. After everything done to date, pulling servers off the existing useable forum and onto the new utter crap forums that are not at all ready to be populated is just icing on the cake.

I will say that I absolutely refuse to believe that the current site is not capable of monetizing enough funding to keep itself afloat, given the number of registered users and guests, and given that many other forums of similar size seem to do just fine making money while keeping their members happy. Obviously this forum has been poorly administrated for quite a long time, and now the new owners are doing their best to squeeze increased profits out by using inadequate free software and an inexperienced developer to create a cheaper-to-run forum. Add me to the list of people clearly stating: "You cannot monetize profit from this forum if there is no-one left here to create content!"

I will miss all my friends here, all the excellent information freely given, and all the great discussions. I won't be posting anything of value either here or on the new forums until the dust settles, if ever. And that will all depend on how the owners handle the remainder of the transition. Given what's been done to date, I'm not holding my breath. Friends can contact me via pm here or by email: pascal <at> knowaudio.com

If anyone manages to find a decent archive of the LAB online PLEASE let me know about it!
Know:Audio
--------------------------------
US Distributor: Trabes/MG Srl
Speaker Lifts-Truss-Roof Systems

Dan Johnson

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2011, 12:16:32 AM »

For what it's worth, the site started running quick again for a couple minutes and then it slowed back down again.

Ian Coughlin

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2011, 01:23:37 AM »

Terriblyyyyyy slow tonight, painfully slow.  Page loads are averaging 30 or more seconds to load.  Did a speedtest to check my connection and Im chugging along at full speed (30 over 25Mbps).  

Tom Kendo

• http://www.djkendo.com
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2011, 10:01:22 AM »

Ian Coughlin wrote on Tue, 11 January 2011 00:23

Terriblyyyyyy slow tonight, painfully slow.  Page loads are averaging 30 or more seconds to load.  Did a speedtest to check my connection and Im chugging along at full speed (30 over 25Mbps).  

I wish I could get a connection that fast here. Are you on a commercial fiber or is this just residential?

Tom

Ian Coughlin

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2011, 11:29:34 AM »

Residential Verizon FiOS triple play, Internet package is 25/25 but when you get the TV service as well they give you about an extra 5Mbps (~30/25) of DL to compensate for VOD streams.

My office has the Verizon FiOS Business 35/35 triple play and usually get around 42/35 and I'm toying around with getting there new 150/65 package.  They only difference is the TV channel line up and pricing (priced per seating capacity at the time) and that I have a pool of static IP's.
index.php/fa/34701/0/
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.