Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Archived Threads

Forums running Sllooowww?

<< < (6/6)

Dan Johnson:
For what it's worth, the site started running quick again for a couple minutes and then it slowed back down again.

Ian Coughlin:
Terriblyyyyyy slow tonight, painfully slow.  Page loads are averaging 30 or more seconds to load.  Did a speedtest to check my connection and Im chugging along at full speed (30 over 25Mbps).  

Tom Kendo:
Ian Coughlin wrote on Tue, 11 January 2011 00:23
Terriblyyyyyy slow tonight, painfully slow.  Page loads are averaging 30 or more seconds to load.  Did a speedtest to check my connection and Im chugging along at full speed (30 over 25Mbps).  

I wish I could get a connection that fast here. Are you on a commercial fiber or is this just residential?

Tom

Ian Coughlin:
Residential Verizon FiOS triple play, Internet package is 25/25 but when you get the TV service as well they give you about an extra 5Mbps (~30/25) of DL to compensate for VOD streams.

My office has the Verizon FiOS Business 35/35 triple play and usually get around 42/35 and I'm toying around with getting there new 150/65 package.  They only difference is the TV channel line up and pricing (priced per seating capacity at the time) and that I have a pool of static IP's.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version