ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lab Sub forum  (Read 2642 times)

Chris Davis

Lab Sub forum
« on: January 10, 2011, 03:57:34 AM »

I am one of the not-so-young readers/posters on here and have seen the first forum transition come and go.  I didn't post much back on the old board due to the higher quality of info at the time and the simple fact that I was raising younger children.  But I had been reading it on and off since about 2001 or 2002.  Then they had the software upgrade and many of the original posters that I was learning from blew out of here, which brought me down.  

At first I was dismayed, then I figured that I at least had knowledge at the time that could be shared and might be appreciated.  I just chime in on certain threads, but overall maintain a low profile as I really have no motivation in gaining any recognition or promoting myself through these channels.

For those who can find the room to reconcile this next transition in their own heads, and all-new forum content being generated into the future, that will work the most naturally either with general info or current issues info.  Especially digital console info, as that continues to evolve.  But much of the hard-to-find info on out-of-production legacy products will be lost.  So the archival value of this forum is about to plummet (again), while PSW will go on to be a current-issues type of content provider.  But as others have noted, the extra page clicks from archival materials might not occur to PSW or their advertisers.

The one thing that bugs me the most though is in regards to some very unique content developed from within on here.  What about the Lab Sub forum for instance...  Is that going to just cease and desist and then vanish into thin air? Confused  Will Eminence just discontinue making those funny-looking drivers?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.