ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Arizona  (Read 10639 times)

John Halliburton

Re: Arizona
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 09:09:24 PM »

Andy Zimmerman wrote on Sat, 08 January 2011 20:40

A friend of mine from the Navy related that he knew the family of the 9 yr old girl, having went to high school with the dad.

My condolences to the families, and my thanks to the brave people who tackled the gunman (fwiw).

She was the grandaughter of Dallas Green, former MLB player and then manager of the Yankees and the Phillies.

Condolences to all the families and friends involved.

Best regards,

John

Scott Raymond

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 06:46:51 PM »

Bob Leonard wrote on Sun, 09 January 2011 09:12

At my age I still contend that values not taught at home are values not practiced in life. Obviously this person, or persons, has not been taught the value of life.

I think that covers it well.  Ask any good teacher and they will tell you how easy it is to tell a child's home life by the way they act and react in school.  An exception would be those with medically or other related issues.

Scott

Jon Smith

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 03:40:51 AM »

Andy,

We are all saddened by the madness of one individual. To be so close and have it in your own backyard makes it that much harder.

My thoughts, prayers and condolences go out to the families who have suffered this horrible, senseless loss. To you and your community also Andy, my prayers and strength I send your way. Be well in this difficult time.

Jon
My only real worry is they'll solve the problem just before I release my protest song

Life is timing, Living kills you!

Mike Butler (media)

• http://www.mikebutlermedia.com
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2011, 11:21:43 AM »

Bennett Prescott wrote on Sat, 08 January 2011 21:44

Andy,

A tragedy indeed. All it takes is one asshole. I hope that representative Giffords pulls through, along with the other wounded.

Agree 100%, Bennett.

Tom Young wrote on Sun, 09 January 2011 08:30

Andy-

Most of us have been round long enough to know that in any state, city or whatever there is a very small % of citizens who are completey wacked out. So I really doubt that anyone attributes what happened in Tucson to the city, Arizona or the vast majority of your population.

It is just another incident of gross, unjustified violence and was probably carried out by someone who slipped through the cracks of either or both our public health and law enforcement agencies/systems. This is not a criticism of either, BTW....

True, Tom, all it takes is one wacko to tarnish an entire population, to paraphrase Bennett. Arizona is a beautiful state with some of the greatest, most gracious people I have ever met. Unfortunately I no longer visit the state as frequently as I did when I had family living there.  
Bob Leonard wrote on Sun, 09 January 2011 10:12

Andy,
You can't blame an entire state and it's people for the acts of one or a few obviously unstable person or persons.

At my age I still contend that values not taught at home are values not practiced in life. Obviously this person, or persons, has not been taught the value of life. I can only hope Arizona has a death sentence....
AZ does, Bob, but this freak might just get off on an insanity plea. I would call for Eric Holder's resignation if he doesn't seek the death penalty.

I remember (yeah, I'm that old!) how Dallas was stigmatized after JFK's death, as if all the residents there had somehow caused it, rather than Lee Harvey Oswald (a certifiable kook with Communist ties) taking it upon himself. How unfair to the people of that great city, who I am sure were grieving just as strongly as the rest of the country—if not more so because it happened in their backyard. I would hate to see Tucson or the state of Arizona denigrated that way.

I would love to pull the plug on all the fingerpointing, but know that it is a fact of life that there are always those who will exploit such a horrific event to advance their own selfish interests, and to whom it's not a tragedy but an opportunity.

I would like to focus some attention on the heroes of the day, including the young intern who assisted Rep. Giffords, the citizen who although wounded was able to tackle the perpetrator, the first responders whose swift action under pressure can make the difference between life and death, and the brilliant medical professionals at the University Medical Center who do such an outstanding job of keeping people alive. A salute to all of them.
<a href="http://www.mikebutlermedia.com" target="_blank">http://www.mikebutlermedia.com</a>

Mike Butler Media * AV/video production * corporate event production * presentation services * marketing support * creative research * graphic design * photography

Charlie Zureki

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2011, 02:15:05 PM »

Mike Butler (media) wrote on Thu, 13 January 2011 10:21

I remember (yeah, I'm that old!) how Dallas was stigmatized after JFK's death, as if all the residents there had somehow caused it, rather than Lee Harvey Oswald (a certifiable kook with Communist ties) taking it upon himself. How unfair to the people of that great city, who I am sure were grieving just as strongly as the rest of the country—if not more so because it happened in their backyard. I would hate to see Tucson or the state of Arizona denigrated that way.

I would love to pull the plug on all the fingerpointing, but know that it is a fact of life that there are always those who will exploit such a horrific event to advance their own selfish interests, and to whom it's not a tragedy but an opportunity.

I would like to focus some attention on the heroes of the day, including the young intern who assisted Rep. Giffords, the citizen who although wounded was able to tackle the perpetrator, the first responders whose swift action under pressure can make the difference between life and death, and the brilliant medical professionals at the University Medical Center who do such an outstanding job of keeping people alive. A salute to all of them.

Hello Mike,

While the "official" story has never been changed, the majority of Americans (78%) and many high ranking past and present, Politicians, Analysts, and numerous Congressional Hearings have concluded that Lee Oswald may have acted in a small part (in some questionable capacity) along with others, in the killing of JFK.

Many US Government documents have, and are still being released detailing Oswald's role as an Agent of the CIA and FBI. He was not a "kook". Also, the Communists have released all of their documents detailing his "attempt" to infiltrate the Communist Party and their rebuff of his attempts.

These are not conspiracies.....these are the facts, read the Congressional findings.

While these shootings/killings are a terrible event, they seem to be only newsworthy because of a few involved. Many good  people live in terror everyday in their own neighborhoods.

When it comes to insane behavior, Morals being taught in the home, school or wherever, have nothing to do with someone's actions.  Insane and irrational behavior, are very much the same.

People doing their jobs are not heroes. A hero goes above and beyond what is expected of them.... the only heroes are the bystanders that stepped up to help.

So, while you would like the "fingerpointing" to stop, I'd like the good citizen-Hero/Patriot bullshite to stop also.

Hammer

Be prepared, you'll need it!

Mike Butler (media)

• http://www.mikebutlermedia.com
Hammer down
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2011, 05:17:38 PM »

Well, whether Oswald was truly the sole culprit or was involved with others does continue to be a controversy. If you want to hold to the belief that he was a tool of the CIA or Howard Hughes or the John Birch Society, that's your business, but it is completely beside the point. My very clearly stated issue was that the good people of Dallas in particular and even Texas in general took an unfair hit to their reputation. That can't be denied.

The retired gentleman who wrestled Loughner to the ground after himself being shot was certainly not just "doing his job," and he deserves a good word—and "foolhardy" was not the word I had in mind. Now, if you choose to begrudge the career professionals a sincere "attaboy" or "job well done," or even "thank you," I guess that's your prerogative, and apparently it's your style. Just don't ever complain if a client or boss fails to show adequate appreciation for a job that you feel you've given your best effort to do well. Karma, y'know?  I really think that any of us in this forum would be guilty of hubris if we were to try to equate the life-altering implications of the work we do to earn our pay with that of the cops and surgeons in Tucson that day.

Thank you Debbie Downer for spreading your sunshine. Here's your Community Service Award. Now you are to be congratulated, for you have just entered the select company of those who have joined my "Ignore List." I might say "see ya later" but that wouldn't be true because in reality I won't see you at all.
<a href="http://www.mikebutlermedia.com" target="_blank">http://www.mikebutlermedia.com</a>

Mike Butler Media * AV/video production * corporate event production * presentation services * marketing support * creative research * graphic design * photography

Charlie Zureki

Re: Hammer down
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 06:46:47 PM »

Mike Butler (media) wrote on Thu, 13 January 2011 16:17

The retired gentleman who wrestled Loughner to the ground after himself being shot was certainly not just "doing his job," and he deserves a good word—and "foolhardy" was not the word I had in mind. Now, if you choose to begrudge the career professionals a sincere "attaboy" or "job well done," or even "thank you," I guess that's your prerogative, and apparently it's your style. Just don't ever complain if a client or boss fails to show adequate appreciation for a job that you feel you've given your best effort to do well. Karma, y'know?  I really think that any of us in this forum would be guilty of hubris if we were to try to equate the life-altering implications of the work we do to earn our pay with that of the cops and surgeons in Tucson that day.

Thank you Debbie Downer for spreading your sunshine. Here's your Community Service Award. Now you are to be congratulated, for you have just entered the select company of those who have joined my "Ignore List." I might say "see ya later" but that wouldn't be true because in reality I won't see you at all.

Hello Mike,

I never wrote that these Cops, 1st responders, Security guards, or Medical care personnel didn't deserve a "job well done" or a "Thank You" or we "appreciate your effort"... but, to lable them as heroes is demeaning to the word "hero".  They did their Job....which is what was expected of them.

I also never called the retiree "foolhardy", nor any of the civilians that came to the victim's aide as anything but Heroes. They did step up, although, it was neither their job, nor was it expected of them. They do deserve "Thanks", they are Heroes.

The point, which you so clearly missed, is that the word Hero is used far too often in today's times.

I regards to my "style" ...I suppose, I one of those cranky old bastards that doesn't care much for tools jumping on a Politically correct bandwagon that tries to over-shadow a tragedy with attaboys....or the other morons that believe this was somehow prompted by some Political rhetoric.

The kid was unstable and his victims were injured or killed....that's the story.

As far as a Community Service award...you can jamb that up your arse along with your belief that I, in someway could feel slighted by your Ignore listing me.

Now the Hammer is Down.  
Be prepared, you'll need it!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.