ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Arizona  (Read 10635 times)

Andy Peters

• http://www.latke.net/
Arizona
« on: January 08, 2011, 09:14:09 PM »

Please, please, please, don't think that all residents of this state are batshit.

But it only takes one. And for that one, I am truly sorry.

Unspeakable things happen everywhere. You just never think they will happen in your neighborhood.

Worse, though, is that today's tragedy should not have happened.

Thanks to all.

-a
"This isn't some upside down inverted Socratic method where you throw out your best guess answers and I correct your work." -- JR

"On the Internet, nobody can hear you mix a band."

Andy Zimmerman

Re: Arizona
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 09:40:11 PM »

A friend of mine from the Navy related that he knew the family of the 9 yr old girl, having went to high school with the dad.

My condolences to the families, and my thanks to the brave people who tackled the gunman (fwiw).

Bennett Prescott

• http://www.adraudio.com
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 09:44:32 PM »

Andy,

A tragedy indeed. All it takes is one asshole. I hope that representative Giffords pulls through, along with the other wounded.
-- Bennett Prescott
Director of North American Sales
ADRaudio d.o.o.
Cell: (518) 488-7190

"Give me 6dB and I shall move the world." -Archimedes

John Norris

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 02:04:41 AM »

Horrible.

Tom Young

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 08:30:26 AM »

Andy-

Most of us have been round long enough to know that in any state, city or whatever there is a very small % of citizens who are completey wacked out. So I really doubt that anyone attributes what happened in Tucson to the city, Arizona or the vast majority of your population.

It is just another incident of gross, unjustified violence and was probably carried out by someone who slipped through the cracks of either or both our public health and law enforcement agencies/systems. This is not a criticism of either, BTW.

My sincere sadness, empathy and concern go out to you and those who were directly touched by this. And to the rest of us, as well.
Tom Young
Electroacoustic Design Services
Oxford CT
Tel: 203.888.6217
Email: dbspl@earthlink.net
www.dbspl.com

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 08:54:10 AM »

The unfortunate thing is that there really are a lot of hateful people here in Arizona, at least in the area where I live.  I wish it were different.  All this hate here seemed to start back when we had Evan Mecham hanging around here.  It hasn't gotten any better.  

Hopefully this jackass' actions will wake up the better side of society and something positive will come out of it.
Ryan Jenkins
"Two days until the end of when I don't know what to think.  Three days until I start the cycle all over again!"

Please visit my website at http://www.murphygirl.com

Bob Leonard

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 10:12:48 AM »

Andy,
You can't blame an entire state and it's people for the acts of one or a few obviously unstable person or persons.

At my age I still contend that values not taught at home are values not practiced in life. Obviously this person, or persons, has not been taught the value of life. I can only hope Arizona has a death sentence.

My prayers go out to those families who will now have to endure endless suffering as a result of this senseless violence.
The roar of the grease paint, the smell of the crowd.

John Roberts {JR}

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 10:49:49 AM »

Relax, we already know (I'd like to think).

JR  

https://www.resotune.com/

Tune it, or don't play it...
-----

Fred Merkle

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 01:35:48 PM »

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS wrote on Sun, 09 January 2011 08:54

All this hate here seemed to start back when we had Evan Mecham hanging around here.

Mostly unrelated, but.  I went to school with one of Ev Mecham's nephews.  (And for that matter, my dad grew up next to Skip Rimza.)

Such a tragedy in Tucson.

-Fred

edit: fixed quoting

Tim McCulloch

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 01:48:36 PM »

I can't think of much to say that won't be seen as political AND social movement oriented.

My condolences to the families & friends of the departed and my thoughts and hopes for the wounded.

We now return to the political hate machines, already in progress....
"Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?" Crack The Sky
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.