ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Solution for 1 note bass  (Read 6244 times)

Ivan Beaver

Solution for 1 note bass
« on: January 04, 2011, 07:23:55 PM »

For all those people who have "1 note bass" cabinets out there-here is a solution.

Who'd a thunk it? Rolling Eyes

The Type 1 cable from AudioQuest certainly doesn't look like a typical speaker cable. In fact, at first glance, it looks more like an HDMI cable than speaker wire. But, this design makes it a better cable in actuality. Here's how: in a typical cable, multiple strands are coiled together to carry the signal. This causes interaction electrically and mechanically, causing irritation and one-note bass boom. In the Type 1 cables, solid conductors eliminate the harshness and confusion of strand interaction. Reason 2: typical speaker cables use "oxygen-free"copper, which is oxygen-reduced, but not selected for low distortion. Audioquest Type 1 uses long-grain copper, which has fewer impurities, fewer grain junctions, and lower distortion. Finally, in a standard cable, high-inductance geometry smears sound, reducing information transmitted, while in Type 1 cables, low-inductance geometry preserves time information to preserve dynamics and clarity. And as an added bonus, Spread Spectrum Technology uses multiple conductor sizes to greatly reduce the awareness of individual conductor character flaws. This all combines to form one great-sounding speaker cable.

For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs

Geoff Doane

Re: Solution for 1 note bass
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 07:43:01 PM »

Wow, now I'm really kicking myself for selling off all those Cerwin-Vega B36s I used to run in my rig.  All I needed was new speaker cable.

How much was that going to cost? Rolling Eyes

GTD

Chris Gruber

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 01:07:51 AM »

"Electrical and magnetic interaction between strands in a conventional cable is the single greatest source of distortion, often causing a somewhat harsh, dirty and confused sound." maybe if I use this on my alarm clock the mornings will be more clear.
-Chris
Arthur Audio

"It never ceases to amaze me how many sound guys think the measure of their work is solely defined by whether or not their subs are capable of sonically vaporizing squirrels from 20 meters."

Jeff Wheeler

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 02:20:00 AM »

index.php/fa/34595/0/
Jeff Wheeler, wannabe sound guy / moonlight DJ

frank kayser

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 08:30:22 AM »

Don't we have a Federal Trade Commission or something that is supposed to protect the public (oh God, listen to me!  And I consider myself a libertarian!) But come ON!  Why do we allow this drivel to be marketed (yeah, I know... fair trade)

Well, I guess I can't have it both ways - so let the charlatans sell the snake oil.  Maybe the folks that buy the stuff deserve it.

(sigh)
frank

Tim McCulloch

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 09:04:59 AM »

frank kayser wrote on Wed, 05 January 2011 07:30

Maybe the folks that buy the stuff deserve it.

(sigh)
frank

"A Fool and his money are soon parted" comes to mind.

"Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?" Crack The Sky

John Roberts {JR}

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 10:49:26 AM »

frank kayser wrote on Wed, 05 January 2011 07:30

Don't we have a Federal Trade Commission or something that is supposed to protect the public (oh God, listen to me!  And I consider myself a libertarian!) But come ON!  Why do we allow this drivel to be marketed (yeah, I know... fair trade)

Well, I guess I can't have it both ways - so let the charlatans sell the snake oil.  Maybe the folks that buy the stuff deserve it.

(sigh)
frank

It is worth noting that "caveat emptor" (buyer beware) is written in a dead language, so it not exactly a recent concept.

Life is an IQ test, but many people keep getting the same test questions wrong over and over. Just like I ponder, who in world buys that crap they push with spam... somebody must be.

It seems new years brings out a new flurry of snake oil merchants, but one that has been around for a while that still makes me say "wha?" is the power bracelets.  

The government can't protect us from our own stupidity (and theirs), but it can try to cut back on outrageous lies when obvious. That is simple fraud, selling a benefit that isn't delivered. An informed consumer would be the far better solution, and I am continually amazed when I hear that some merchant sold millions of plastic bracelets with nothing more than a good story. The TV ad copy was well crafted by a lawyer, but still disingenuous. While perhaps not literally a lie, the impression promoted is dishonest. I though most would have figured this out by the time they reached adulthood, when that GI Joe action figure, didn't really climb the hill by himself like he did on TV.  

Not only are the people ignorant, but many don't want to be informed. If you spend some time around audiophools they will reject most constructive advice.  I fear it is the human condition, that some people are destined to be the perpetual patsy, while most of us learn from our earlier foolishness and pursue new mistakes in our quest for knowledge.   Rolling Eyes

JR

PS: Wait for it... Isn't it about time for them to trot out those magical gas mileage extenders again, "just add water". Must be a new crop of fools to pluck.
 https://www.resotune.com/

Tune it, or don't play it...
-----

TJ (Tom) Cornish

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 11:27:40 AM »

John Roberts  {JR} wrote on Wed, 05 January 2011 09:49

Life is an IQ test, but many people keep getting the same test questions wrong over and over.
Another good one for a sig line.

Andy Zimmerman

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 11:29:44 AM »

I don't care for the idea of the FTC policing advertising claims in such a manner as you describe - I think it removes too much responsibility from the consumer. Consumer complains --> FTC comes up with new regulations  --> scammers change their tactics to comply with new regulations --> consumer gets screwed  ---> consumer complains ---> etc.
We laugh at such obvious attempts to manipulate the consumer, but we are a nation of (often oblivious) consumers. IMO, the big 3 car companies, the computer industry in general, and many other "legitimate" sectors have grown substantially with such marketing. It makes sense that when your product is for all practical purposes exactly like your competitors, that you would add some shine with such tactics as the audiophools fall for. Also, most of the stuff the audiophools buy into is way out of my price range anyway, so they must be doing something right in the first place to be able to afford it.

Mike Christy

• http://www.piscessound.com
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 01:01:48 PM »

Have you guys read through the other items on that website? They actually have regional reps, maybe we can get one to come to the next lab get together...

I am astonished by the "Self Shielding Counter-Spiral Hyperlitz"

.... Very Happy

(Hyperlitz is the only work that comes up in spell checker)

Mike
Pisces Sound
Seacoast New Hampshire
Southern Maine
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.