ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird Ear Problem--Any Ideas?  (Read 10246 times)

John Roberts {JR}

Re: Weird Ear Problem--Any Ideas?
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2011, 06:48:25 PM »

John Huntington wrote on Sat, 08 January 2011 15:57

Glad to hear it!  Fortunately for me the meds were only $7!  No real effect yet, the pressure comes and goes.  And today, I've been running a 100 degree fever, not sure if it's related or not.

John
www.controlgeek.net

One side effect from some steroids is modulation up/down of the immune system. You might want to read the side effects info that comes with the specific medicine.  

JR
 https://www.resotune.com/

Tune it, or don't play it...
-----

Kristian Johnsen

• http://www.partyfabrikken.no
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2011, 09:44:12 PM »

Tom Young wrote on Sat, 08 January 2011 12:37

Funny how our hearing mechanisms mimic those of microphones and (to a lesser degree) speakers, huh ?

Or is it the other way around?

Kent Thompson

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2011, 11:48:40 AM »

John Roberts  {JR} wrote on Sat, 08 January 2011 17:48

John Huntington wrote on Sat, 08 January 2011 15:57

Glad to hear it!  Fortunately for me the meds were only $7!  No real effect yet, the pressure comes and goes.  And today, I've been running a 100 degree fever, not sure if it's related or not.

John
www.controlgeek.net

One side effect from some steroids is modulation up/down of the immune system. You might want to read the side effects info that comes with the specific medicine.  

JR

The steroids were hell... had restless leg syndrom all the time especially when I was trying to go to sleep. I would constanly be waking up in the middle of the night and could not go back to sleep. I was so glad when I got done with them.

John Huntington

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2011, 09:49:56 PM »

Kent Thompson wrote on Tue, 11 January 2011 11:48

The steroids were hell... had restless leg syndrom all the time especially when I was trying to go to sleep. I would constanly be waking up in the middle of the night and could not go back to sleep. I was so glad when I got done with them.

Ugh, sorry to hear it!  Since I've started taking the Nasonex (maybe it's not as strong as what you took?) I've gotten a horrible cold so I'm not sure which of the symptoms is which.  I went back to the Dr. and now I'm on antibiotics as well.  Sigh...

John

jeff harrell

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2011, 12:23:23 AM »

i was born with sinus problems and sometimes my ear or ears get stopped some and i found that Nyquil D (the behind the counter one) clears it up in a few days. over the years starting when i was a little kid my ears will allow certian frequincies and not others and thats due to  my sinus drainage. a couple of months ago i got done playing my drums and took off the headphones and pulled the yellow foam earplugs out and was deaf in my left ear for about a week and a half. i didnt let shower water get in it and tried peroxide in a dropper and even the alcohol swin ear dry but that didnt even go in. it did clear up. at altitudes of about 7000 feet or more my ears really open up and i look to see if there are big speakers at my ears. sinus problems and allergies can mess with your hearing and i have experienced what you have a many a time.

Chris Boschen Leonard

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2011, 12:38:49 PM »

Kristian Johnsen wrote on Tue, 04 January 2011 11:30

Chuck Fudge wrote on Tue, 04 January 2011 18:18

I have also been told to force air into the Eustachian tube by doing the same thing as equalising pressure...hold your nose and blow....about every hour.  

Good luck!

Problem with this is that when you have a cold you basically have snot up those tubes and in the middle ear.  Even if it may feel like relief when you do it all it really does is to push the snot further up.  I'm one of those people that can equalize while diving without holding their nose.  When my inner ear gets congested the sound I hear when equalizing is different and I know right away to take measueres to stop an ear infection forming.

I have a funny looking plastic "horn" that I fill with luke warm salty water and use to let water flow into one nostril and exit through the other.  Even if all it really does is clear your nose it helps fresh air get to the opening of all the sinuses and hence reduces the risk of infections all around the face and head, including the eustachian tubes.

One thing that works for some people is to lay on a bed with no pillows or even have your head hanging backwards off the end and use nose drops.  Sometimes some of the active ingredients will work their way to the affected ares.  I'm not a fan of using more chemicals than needed, but this technique is just about the only one I know of that works for this problem.  For some people, pulling on their ear lobes (if they have them) while taking the meds can help the drops find their way to the right places.

This is the method used to clean out one's head for thousands of years. It's called a netti pot in India. This form of saline flushing is very common, and highly effective. For the ears, the equivalent product is an ear candle.  

I heartily second those who have told the op to see a doc, asap!  

However, cleaning / maintenance of your nose and ear cavities on a regular basis is very easily done with the two time-worn technologies above. You can ask your doc's opinion on the above, too.  
Chris Leonard
Principal,
Boschen Technologies
www.boschen.org

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2011, 12:38:49 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 18 queries.