ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NSI 7524 Scene Problem  (Read 5405 times)

Douglas Lineen

NSI 7524 Scene Problem
« on: January 02, 2011, 08:02:51 AM »

Our church has an NSI 7524 and I can't seem to get the back house lights off.
I am able to go into the scene and control the can lights but not the house. There are two channels for each of the three house lighting areas (front, sides, back). There are also regular light switches on a side panel and wall panel that control the house lights too.
This is what I do now to add, delete or change the intensity of an individual light in a given scene:
push EDIT,
select the SCENE I want to edit,
SCROLL through with the track wheel,
STOP on the specific light I want to increase or dim,
PUSH and HOLD the CHANGE button while turning the WHEEL (0-100).
PUSH EDIT again and it takes me out of the scene and the change has been made.
But, when I try this on the house lights the corresponding number to the light already shows that it is set to ZERO,
but the light is on!
We have tried flipping the switches in different sequences but the 7524 will not release them to shut them off.
Has anyone come across this set up or do you have it now?
Can you walk me through how to remove certain lights from a specific scene if I'm doing it wrong?
Thanks for your help.

Ray Cerwinski

Re: NSI 7524 Scene Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 11:33:00 PM »

Forget the scenes and try to control the channel with it's fader. Does that work?

What kind of dimmers is the desk controlling? Check to see if the pack is receiving DMX. Devices will hold their last DMX data value if the signal is lost.

If the pack is connected and indeed receiving data, try changing it's address to a known good working address.
Ray Cerwinski

Fennelli Design Group
www.eventfx.com

James Feenstra

• http://www.crewspace.com/James
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 01:02:29 AM »

Ray Cerwinski wrote on Sun, 02 January 2011 23:33

some devices will hold their last DMX data value if the signal is lost.

fixed that for you...there's several lights that will not hold their last dmx value if signal is lost. generally dimmers will, as well as some martin and chauvet movers

most movers, most strobe lights, and a large amount of LEDs will not
James Feenstra
Lighting, Audio and Special Effects Design

Ray Cerwinski

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 03:55:33 PM »

Thanks, but in his case they are clearly dimmers based off of his console and description of problem. I have yet to come across a dimmer that does not hold it's last value upon loss of DMX.

Had the OP mentioned "most movers, most strobe lights, and a large amount of LEDs", my advice would have been entirely different. He didn't, so I felt no need to address devices that he doesn't have in his current signal chain.

Since we're fact checking, I guess I shouldn't have assumed he was using DMX either since the desk is also capable of Microplex as well.
Ray Cerwinski

Fennelli Design Group
www.eventfx.com

James Feenstra

• http://www.crewspace.com/James
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 05:57:21 PM »

mpx might actually be the problem!

and yes, i know that they're just dimmers, but not every dimmer will hold it's data either, most will, but some may not
James Feenstra
Lighting, Audio and Special Effects Design

Silas Pradetto

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 10:35:02 AM »

What DMX channels are your house lights? Can you softpatch them to a fader?

I'm not a fan of scenes...I use submasters for everything. Why don't you set up a submaster for the house lights? You can have the submaster mapped to DMX channels that are NOT on faders if you want...I do it all the time.

AFAIK, since I own one of these boards, you need to hit "main menu" to save changes, NOT edit again.

Tom Bourke

• http://www.cwalv.com
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 06:55:20 PM »

Will they go off if you press the black out button or pull the master to 0?  If they stay up I would suspect the dimmer. A common failure mode is stuck on or 1/2 on. Can you tell us what the dimmer is?  Check the wiring to it as well.  Some NSI packs go to full if they lose data signal.
I have a mild form of Dyslexia that affects my ability to spell.  I do use spell checking to help but it does not always work.  My form of Dyslexia does not affect my reading.  Dyslexics of the world untie! <a href="http://www.cwalv.com" target="_blank">http://www.cwalv.com</a>
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 17 queries.