ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thank You PSW Community!  (Read 4681 times)

Derek Konop

Thank You PSW Community!
« on: January 09, 2011, 10:38:54 PM »

It seems like as good a time as any to post this.  I'm not sure what the future holds for PSW and its users, and I'm very sad about the thought of all the old posts being lost.  Feels like a book burning Sad But I just wanted to say thank you to all of the members who have made this such a fantastic place for guys like me to learn.

I am what most of you would consider a weekend wally.  I work a regular job during the week and spend my Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays in small to medium bars playing guitar or mixing other bands, yada yada... same old story.  

But these times are rough and massive student loans and entry level pay at my 9-5 has put me in a position where this weekend wally stuff is necessary to pay my rent.  What I have learned here from many of you folks has allowed me to avoid many of the most common beginners mistakes and turn a profit while having some fun while playing music and mixing.

So here it is,

Smile THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH Smile

To the regulars, Jeff Wheeler, Tim Mc, Dick Rees, Andy Peters, Bennett Prescott, Evan K, John Roberts, and hundreds and hundreds of others, the information you have provided in all of your posts have had a direct impact on making my life better.

Thanks alot everyone,
Sincerely,

Derek Konop
Come to Green Bay, the weather is nice!

Kemper Watson

• http://www.theplaceholders.com
Re: Thank You PSW Community!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 12:23:21 AM »

Add Ivan Beaver and Phil Graham to that list
Edit- Very well said

Jeff Wheeler

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 12:42:07 AM »

I find myself in good company.  I'm not sure I deserve to sit at the same table as Tim/Dick/Andy/Bennett/Evan/JR, but am glad you found my opinion on something valuable.  There's no better compliment than being mistaken for someone as expert as those folks. Wink
Jeff Wheeler, wannabe sound guy / moonlight DJ

Dick Rees

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 10:16:04 AM »

That my name is mentioned at all is evidence that quantity takes precedence over quality........ Rolling Eyes
 Neo-Luddite, Rocket Surgeon
"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

John Roberts {JR}

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 11:04:36 AM »

Nice group hug, but in my judgement the critical mass comes from all the punters, and the fact that manufacturer's must pay attention to posts here. Some abuse that instead of pursuing normal customer service channels, but few with real problems from a credible manufacturer get completely ignored.

JR
 https://www.resotune.com/

Tune it, or don't play it...
-----

John Halliburton

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 02:59:20 PM »

John Roberts  {JR} wrote on Mon, 10 January 2011 10:04

Nice group hug, but in my judgement the critical mass comes from all the punters, and the fact that manufacturer's must pay attention to posts here. Some abuse that instead of pursuing normal customer service channels, but few with real problems from a credible manufacturer get completely ignored.

JR

I agree, but I'd also like to think that manufacturers learn and improve on their customer service when the guano impacts the air turbine for a purchaser.

Best regards and hope to see y'all on the other forum...

John

Derek Konop

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 09:52:30 PM »

Thanks for the replies fellas.

Dick, you may not feel you are as well educated or skilled as some of those other guys mentioned... but you are most certainly a cool cat and your fresh perspective and comments on threads here keep me entertained.

John, I hope you are not claiming that any of the information I've gathered from PSW could have also been learned from a customer service rep at one or more of the credible manufacturers? I think you would be selling yourself quite short. You guys are a fantastic resource for young punks like myself. I have gained a lot of knowledge about the business end of things from PSW that is, as far as I know, not available anywhere else. Myself and my band are by all means and measures small potatoes, but what I've learned here has allowed me to stay competitive and sounding good.

I didn't mean to get too sappy on you guys, just wanted to let you know that the things that take place here, and the information that many of you share, has had a real impact on my life.  And I'm sure there are many more guys here who could say the same thing.

Derek
Come to Green Bay, the weather is nice!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.